RKSI - Seoul-Incheon International by Zero Dollar Payware 1.0

(2 reviews)

18 Screenshots

About This File

Welcome to Seoul, South Korea!

Incheon International Airport (RKSI/ICN) is the largest airport in South Korea, and is the primary international airport serving the Seoul metro area. It is one of the largest airports in the world and is one of the busiest in terms of both passanger and freight movements. Being a relatively new airport, it is built mostly on reclaimed land and implements some of the most modern technology found in airport design. Whether you want to fly a short hop across the Korean Peninsula or an ultra-long haul to one of many airports served from ICN, this scenery will suit all of your needs. 

Important note for anyone using AIRAC data from June 2021 or later

You must install a modified version of the airport data in order for the scenery to work with some payware aircraft. Because the airport recently opened a new runway while we were in development, we were unable to implement it into this version of the scenery. Because of this change in runway configuration you must install this update to allow all aircraft FMCs to read the correct approaches. The new runway will be added in the future, however we must wait for appropriate reference imagery to become available. There is no timeline for when this update will be complete. 

To install, copy the Earth nav data folder from the "Scenery Variants" directory into your main RKSI scenery folder and overwrite all files. You will need to reload the sim (reloading the scenery without restarting the sim may cause it to crash or not reload correctly). 

Features

• mostly custom buildings
  • somewhat accurate layout and signage
  • pretty good FPS optimization
  • marginally realistic 3d grass and ortho
  • reasonably functional custom SAM jetways
  • decently accurate grunge and dirt
  • fully functional AI taxi routes probably
  • high resolution 1k textures with PBR
  • kinda accurate terminal interiors
  • unofficially licensed by the Incheon International Airport Corporation and BTS

Required Libraries

MisterX Library v2.0+

SAM v2.0+

Installation Instructions:

Download and move your unzipped rksi-incheon folder into your custom scenery folder

Use xOrganizer, or delete your scenery_packs.ini to adjust your scenery load order if using our provided ortho. If you have issues with the scenery loading, most likely your load order is wrong.

FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)

Question: Does this include the new runway 16R/34L?

Answer: No, since that runway is so new we were unable to get suitable reference imagery to implement it at the same level of quality as the rest of the airport. It will be added in a future update but we have no estimated release date for it. 

Question: Why can't I select an approach for runway 16/34 in my aircraft's FMC?

Answer: You are using an AIRAC cycle which includes the new runway. You must install the patch mentioned in the highlighted section above. 

Question: Will this be updated to support xplane 12?

Answer: Yes, we will update this for xplane 12. Due to the unknown changes with the new sim, we are unable to estimate how long it will take publish a compatibility update once xplane 12 is released. 

Question: I found a bug or issue with the scenery, who do I tell?

Answer: Please send a message on our discord server (linked below)

Citations/Credits

ZDP Developers: StableSystem, Martini, Imran, awfsiu, TJ

Additional Considerations to the following people

YSLaurens#2763

르밴#0584

Tino

MisterX

Pyreegue

World Imagery (orthophotos)

Esri. "Imagery" [basemap]. Scale Not Given. "World Imagery". January 21, 2021. https://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=10df2279f9684e4a9f6a7f08febac2a9. (February 18, 2021).

Please report any bugs on our discord server

Official Zero Dollar Payware Discord

This repository and it's contents are protected under CC BY-NC 4.0
Assets used from other developers was done so with their knowledge and approval. 

Download Size: 1.0GB

We don't ask for donations but if you feel so inclined you can do so here

Edited by StableSystem
Updated CC license to allow for open source edits and distribution

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

User Feedback

You may only provide a review once you have downloaded the file.

Tang0

2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

Another masterpiece by the high-quality dev team ZDP. Thanks for all of your effort to make this airport as good as it is right now. Very much appreciated and I enjoy all of your sceneries since day one.

Link to review
torskenn

Absolutely stunning, however there is one quite essential problem. The fix for the described issue with the missing runway in the description, does not seem to work for me. Whenever I open the dep/arr page in the magknight 787, I am greeted with the following message:

Unexpected exception resulted from GPS command:

Missing waypoint RW16R at RKSI

I am using the latest airac cycle, 2301 as of this message. I followed the instructions in the description for the missing runway, even attempted a fresh install of the airport as I've had the airport installed already for a while. Quite lost at this point, such a shame to not be able to fly from this wonderful gem of a scenery. Would highly value some feedback.

Cheers

Link to review