Speed tape

maple_syrup_82

Hello,

Love the A310, amazing aircraft. 

Had an issue today departing CYYZ, on take-off the speed tape wasn't accelerating. Once airborne the speed tape showed a red line until passing 10,000 FT when it kicked in and started working.  

First time I've come across this issue. 

I've only just started flying the A310 in winter weather, might be something to do with that.

I'll test some flights and let you know. 

Brgds

Happened to me as well depsarting Rovaniemi EFRO. It is ice clogged pitot tubes. Shouldn't happened when all pitot heaters ON.

It's a bug and I believe they are investigating.

One thing interesting though, on my Honeycomb throttle quadrant I have always the ANTI-ICE warning ON (which is linked to pitot heat). Even with all pitot heaters ON in A310. However, if I'm switching my physical switch on my quadrant to turn pitot heater ON on my Honeycomb, the warning light extinguish and no more pitot icing.

That make me think that pitot heater is not properly link to the switches in the panel.

Edited by Alexair

2 hours ago, Alexair said:

Happened to me as well depsarting Rovaniemi EFRO. It is ice clogged pitot tubes. Shouldn't happened when all pitot heaters ON.

It's a bug and I believe they are investigating.

One thing interesting though, on my Honeycomb throttle quadrant I have always the ANTI-ICE warning ON (which is linked to pitot heat). Even with all pitot heaters ON in A310. However, if I'm switching my physical switch on my quadrant to turn pitot heater ON on my Honeycomb, the warning light extinguish and no more pitot icing.

That make me think that pitot heater is not properly link to the switches in the panel.

Interesting find, I´ll forward this.

Thank you 🙂

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Was this ever fixed?  For the last few weeks I'm not able to fly in the northern hemisphere because of this.  A310 was working fine all summer long and still works fine in the southern hemisphere.