Routing to alternate - F-PLN

MD82

Hello,

since I have not fully read up on the A310 yet, please verify.

On all Airbusses I know, at the END OF PLAN, you get the PLN to ALTN. This you can build as per your OFP. However, this is not possible it seems on the A310, because the ALTN PLN has no start point. Say for the flight I attempted to do today. LPPT/TNCC. The ALTN was SVMI. You build your flight plan, which ends at the final missed approach waypoint. Under that line, it correctly states END OF PLN. However, the ALTN part only has SVMI in it. As such there is no way to build a route. I can't insert anything before SVMI. And selecting a STAR (let's say the ILS to 10L) yields no waypoints. So, a flight plan to alternate cannot be built. On other MCDU's I know, you at least get a discontinuity before your ALTN so you can build the plan up.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/20/2022 at 4:41 PM, gumbyger said:

Heya!

I´m pretty sure that no departure airport is by design of the A310 FMS, so thats not an issue.

Not putting any waypoints before SVMI is however an issue, which I can´t reproduce unfortunately. image.png.9f19acc3a6aea279ae21213aa0c381bc.png

For you this maybe could be a navdata issue, as you said ILS10L, which I do not have. I only have Runways 9 and 27

I have the same issue as MD82 as well.

If you only have runways 9 and 27 than I don't think you have an up-to-date NG database. As with the current cycle SVMI has runways 9/27, 10L/28R and 10R/28L (although 10R/28L is mainly a taxiway).

Maybe that's why we have problems with inserting the alternate route?

• 1 month later...
On 11/20/2022 at 7:41 AM, gumbyger said:

Heya!

I´m pretty sure that no departure airport is by design of the A310 FMS, so thats not an issue.

Not putting any waypoints before SVMI is however an issue, which I can´t reproduce unfortunately. image.png.9f19acc3a6aea279ae21213aa0c381bc.png

For you this maybe could be a navdata issue, as you said ILS10L, which I do not have. I only have Runways 9 and 27

Hi @gumbyger,

How did you enter these waypoints? I tried doing this the other day and they were all being added at the top of my regular flight plan. I'm sure I was doing something wrong. Could you please explain the procedure to enter these?

Thank you!

1 hour ago, Martin Stofko said:

Hi @gumbyger,

How did you enter these waypoints? I tried doing this the other day and they were all being added at the top of my regular flight plan. I'm sure I was doing something wrong. Could you please explain the procedure to enter these?

Thank you!

You know what? I typed a whole tutorial on how to do this, then decided to add another waypoint before the STAR and it turns out, it puts it at the beginning of my flightplan as well. There is an offchance that this is intended behaviour and it's only wanted to actually enter those waypoints when your normal flightplan is already deleted (as you are diverting), but I doubt it.

I'll forward this to the team and we'll get it fixed if it's a bug 🙂