T/D, Profile and ILSapp

Maracher

Dear INI Build Team,

i completed some flights and found the following issue. The T/D isnt calculated correct. Thats not the first that this occur. For me it looks like FMC calculate the direct way without STAR /Transitions. But normal STAR /transition will be inserted during flight and T/D should be recalculated. In this flight T/D was about 100nm to earlier.
A other situation is the switch from NAV /Profile to ILS/Land mode. sometimes the Autoflight systems dont capture the G/S or dont adjust the Engines accodingly.

Is it planed to fix this and /or some other bugs?

Thank you for help and this good pice of Aircraft.

bug TOD.jpg

• Like 1

Not capturing the G/S will most likely be because you turned the ALT knob on the FCU after arming LAND mode, this will lead to the G/S not capturing, as in the real aircraft.

In regards to T/D calculation / Profile; what you have to consider is, that this plane is very old. Systems back in the day weren´t as accurate as they are in your modern A320s etc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gumbyger said:

Not capturing the G/S will most likely be because you turned the ALT knob on the FCU after arming LAND mode, this will lead to the G/S not capturing, as in the real aircraft.

In regards to T/D calculation / Profile; what you have to consider is, that this plane is very old. Systems back in the day weren´t as accurate as they are in your modern A320s etc.

Hi Gumbyger,

thx for your reply.

I use the A310 in MSFS.

Regarding G/S ok i will monitor my behavoir in this case.

Regarding T/D  understood its a old AC. Sorry but that is clear a bug and has nothing to do with a "old style" Aircraft. The FMC calculates the T/D only  one times. I accept that we have somewhere less precsion but not as much (100nm).

I would like to use the A310 at Vatsim. Decents with constraints are common there. i need to trust in my systems of couse a check the data and calculate back but this dont work everytime.

Pls try to fix this T/D & Profile bug.  Really hope you make this happen.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Maracher said:

Hi Gumbyger,

thx for your reply.

I use the A310 in MSFS.

Regarding G/S ok i will monitor my behavoir in this case.

Regarding T/D  understood its a old AC. Sorry but that is clear a bug and has nothing to do with a "old style" Aircraft. The FMC calculates the T/D only  one times. I accept that we have somewhere less precsion but not as much (100nm).

I would like to use the A310 at Vatsim. Decents with constraints are common there. i need to trust in my systems of couse a check the data and calculate back but this dont work everytime.

Pls try to fix this T/D & Profile bug.  Really hope you make this happen.

Can you tell me which approach this happened at please?

12 hours ago, gumbyger said:

Can you tell me which approach this happened at please?

You mean the wrong calculated T/D :

EDDH EKERN M852 ALASA DCT MIKNA/N0456F370 N851 TRS DCT DIVEG DCT GODOB DCT NEPIX EFRO ILS21Z Approach

But i had this also at LOWW ILS11 and EDDK ILS14L

Usally before Pushback at origin i delete all discon in FMC. During cruise i add the Star+Transition+App for the destination usual for Vatsim Pilot.

Greetings.

Hello all,

I'm also having troubles with the A310 refusing to follow the LOC and G/S. I made sure that everything is leveled off and that i dont turn the Altitudeknop anymore after arming Landmode. I also had switched to ILS navigation. What i dont understand is, that it sometimes work and at other times it simpy doesnt. You can see in the PFD that its armed but it doesnt switch to landmode.

I thank you Guys in advance for possible help and wish you a nice day. :)

12 hours ago, Juicy said:

Hello all,

I'm also having troubles with the A310 refusing to follow the LOC and G/S. I made sure that everything is leveled off and that i dont turn the Altitudeknop anymore after arming Landmode. I also had switched to ILS navigation. What i dont understand is, that it sometimes work and at other times it simpy doesnt. You can see in the PFD that its armed but it doesnt switch to landmode.

I thank you Guys in advance for possible help and wish you a nice day. 🙂

Which ILS doesnt it capture? Is it reproducable?

Hey, 

it really depends, for example, i did a flight to Dubai yesterday and my plane was alligned with the LOC long before i really needed to and the Problem followed the ILS then without any Problems, my theory is that you need to be quite close orientated with your nose to the LOC. 

Hi, my recent experince was e very good flight from Hamburg to Cologne with good decend profile and a good capture of ILS.
at the moment i dont understand what the difference was to my prevoius flight . I did make other entry or something like that.

for me at the moment its random. Will let you know further investigations:-)

On 11/18/2022 at 12:43 AM, lowpolybutt said:

Thanks guys, we are looking into this

Hey,

yesterday i allmost completly cleared out my Community Folder. I think there is a fair Chance of people have mods conflicting with the A-310.

Just wanted to let you know. Also i did a new Testflight today and tried an ILS approach with very bad conditions for the Autopilot and it engaged the ILS directly without any problems.

Have a great Day

I can attest to the fact that if you set up your approach (STAR and RWY) during flight the TOD comes way too late.

Just did YSSY to NZAA and it had my TOD at FL370 about 120 miles from the airport and put me into a managed 5-6,000 fpm/descent for the better part of the descent lol