Full Aircraft Systems Freeze on FMC entry.

Keralox

1 hour ago, Arend said:

Hi, want to report that I had the same issue at KSJC. As I was filing in the SID and selecting the RW, I accidentally pressed it more than once, which froze the FMC, and with it, the systems. 

Yes! I can reproduce this! Thank you so much, will give this to the respective team!

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, cristian.vignolo said:

Hi. 

I'm facing the same problem...

when i try tu put the departue and arrival in the fmc and then I push the button to insert them (up on the right) fs 2020 crash !!! in all the airports that i tried.

in add also the spedbraker remain in middle position and is not possible to move it.

please HELP me!!!

- if using Navigraph, please update your cycle

- if youre not using Navigraph, please try again with an empty community folder - custom airports may cause this issue

Managed to do it again this time I was flying on this route "CYUL/24L DCT FAWNS DCT BUGSY DCT SYR DCT PSB DCT EMNEM Q103 SLOJO Q83 ROYCO Q85 LPERD SNFLD2 KMCO/35R" and was briefing my alternate route "KMCO/35R DDANY3 DDANY CSTAL2 KMIA/08R" which I can't work out how to enter into the fmc but that is besides point. I was looking through the options for approaches at KMIA but did not select one. I pressed Return on the FMC and nothing happened so I pressed it again and the entire plane and it's systems (beside backup attitude indicator and the needles only on both altimeters) froze up. there was no autopilot control and I could manually fly the plane and control the throttles with my hardware but neither the yoke nor throttle where moving in the cockpit. Will try to recreate when I get a free minute but I believe something to do with the alternate STAR/Approach page is the issue as that was the same place I had the error before.

Just managed to recreate this freeze again. give me a few minutes and I will try to get a consistent way for you to be able to reproduce this issue.

Edit: Can't consistently do it but if it helps it freezes on a page showing stars on the left but no approaches or title text "APPRS" on the right.

Edited by Keralox

just had the entire sim CTD by simply going into the lateral revision page for KMIA (As my alternate) and pressing STAR and Return buttons and selecting and deselecting STARs and approaches for maybe 10mins. If there anything else I can do to help this get fixed please let me know.

I had something similar happening after an entry in the FMC, all controls (knobs, dials, gauges etc.) became unresponsive (i.e. they turned, but nothing changed).
What I did was entering a bearing/distance waypoint in the FPLN page, then deleting it with CLR, then deleting the disco. After that it locked up. All during cruise by the way.

I did a full 9h flight on sunday and all went well.

Today, I wanted to fly LJLJ-ENZV and still on the gate entering information to the FMC, I had the same issue others described in this thead.

I've entered data to the INIT page, set the overhead panel, IRS align and ATT etc just as I did in the first flight.

On the FPL page, I've clicked LJLJ, then chose RWY30 for departure and GIMIX1Z SID.

Then I clicked GIMIX and set as next waypoint "DCT/SIMBA", clicked the button and the left FMC I used went blank.

You still could see the green background lightning of the display but no letters and numbers anymore. (See screenshot)460011272_FMCblankafterDCTSIMBA.thumb.JPG.99982f452fc1c3b97bf03e3388de6ce9.JPG

I don't know wether or not the right FMC should be working, but I couldn't click anything in the F/Os FMC either.

On the overhead panel, all the buttons I've tested still worked.

I was not able to arm or extend spoilers anymore (not with SHIFT+#, nor by clicking it with the mouse).

Flaps worked pressing F7.

I was able to move the trim wheel by mouse but the trim indicator next to the wheel didn't move.

Then, something really strange happened: The airplane fell from like 50ft height sideways back to the ground (I didn't press slew, I swear! 😄)

The A310 remained on the GND for a couple second and then things went even wilder: it tilted around and moved around LJLJ in a lets say 10km radius with broken wings etc.

I was not able to record this on video, after a few minutes of circling and tilting on the ground, the sim CTDed.

Hope this was useful information.

Just want to mention I had a very similar crash to the one I had before (this time while trying to clear the sec fpln) on the new beta build. tried the exact same routing and stuff in fmc again and it wasn't re-creatable. Having these crashes at least 1 in every 3 flights since I first installed the plane making it basically unflyable.

1 hour ago, Keralox said:

Just want to mention I had a very similar crash to the one I had before (this time while trying to clear the sec fpln) on the new beta build. tried the exact same routing and stuff in fmc again and it wasn't re-creatable. Having these crashes at least 1 in every 3 flights since I first installed the plane making it basically unflyable.

Yeah, I understand that frustration. In our internal build we already have some more FMC crash fixes, they just haven´t made their way to MS just yet 🙂

Today something similar happened, I tried to request ATIS from the FMC but the moment I clicked on "SEND", the screen blanked and all systems froze. Additionally, the aircraft spun out of control (very severe rudder inputs were happening out of nowhere) and when the aircraft hit the ground it jumped back into the air and went full demonic mode 😅

https://streamable.com/fgdyjl

https://streamable.com/p1hf9x

https://streamable.com/aotfum

Yesterday in cruise, I was toying with the MCDU and pressing and checking a few things. Not sure what, I got a full freeze.

So I decided to redo the flight today. While waiting for the IRS to align (about 30 minutes if selected realistic) I tried to go into the vertical revision page 2 to enter waypoint winds. I get a full systems freeze. So I thought the freeze was due to trying to access the page before the IRS's have finished. I restart the flight, and wait now for the IRS's to align. Again I try to enter vertical revision, and again full systems freeze. Flight cancelled.

13 hours ago, simtom said:

Today something similar happened, I tried to request ATIS from the FMC but the moment I clicked on "SEND", the screen blanked and all systems froze. Additionally, the aircraft spun out of control (very severe rudder inputs were happening out of nowhere) and when the aircraft hit the ground it jumped back into the air and went full demonic mode 😅

https://streamable.com/fgdyjl

https://streamable.com/p1hf9x

https://streamable.com/aotfum

The ATIS crashed is already known and fixed on the beta branch 🙂

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, MD82 said:

Yesterday in cruise, I was toying with the MCDU and pressing and checking a few things. Not sure what, I got a full freeze.

So I decided to redo the flight today. While waiting for the IRS to align (about 30 minutes if selected realistic) I tried to go into the vertical revision page 2 to enter waypoint winds. I get a full systems freeze. So I thought the freeze was due to trying to access the page before the IRS's have finished. I restart the flight, and wait now for the IRS's to align. Again I try to enter vertical revision, and again full systems freeze. Flight cancelled.

Heya!

I can´t reproduce this unfortunately. At which waypoint/route did you try this?