Constant systems lock up from FMS inputs

Ductmonfault

First off, congrats on a great product. This airplane has some serious potential. However, every time I've tried flying it I end up with completely locked up systems. The displays are frozen, the systems are frozen, the MCP is frozen, the altimeter is stuck in a loop, etc...

This seems to happen when I try to clean up the approach by inputting a TO course to the first fix. That locks it up every time. I've also had it freeze up from other much simpler inputs to the FMS. Sometimes the FMS display will just go completely blank. 

I've seen similar concerns with the issues I'm having and am wondering if this is something we could expect to see fixed.

Thanks!

• Like 2

I find this too. No reliable way to reproduce though. Once it happened when requesting ATIS from the ACARS menu. Another time when trying to insert a waypoint in the FPLAN. Every system would become unresponsive, although the simulator itself does not crash. 

1 hour ago, SebSch said:

I find this too. No reliable way to reproduce though. Once it happened when requesting ATIS from the ACARS menu. Another time when trying to insert a waypoint in the FPLAN. Every system would become unresponsive, although the simulator itself does not crash. 

The exact same thing happened to me when requesting ATIS from the FMC at cruise.  My FMC CDU froze and as did my MCP which showed that my autopilot was on yet it wasn't and I had to hand fly the plane.  Tried resetting flight directors and changing modes but no joy.  It seems that when the FMC died so did the autopilot which makes sense I guess.  Other than this and the WASM issue I love this plane!

2 hours ago, SebSch said:

ATIS request is a known issue and should not be used at this time. It is known to cause crashes, sorry for the inconveniece.

A fix for this will be delivered in the next version 🙂