KCRW small scenery improvements

1997matt

Hello,

I really love this scenery as it is my hometown airport and I fly in out of this airport the most in X-Plane. I have 3 things I want to bring up as some tweaks that could be made. 

1. The jetways, B1 and B2, connect to the airplane boarding doors but are a little low. The other jetways in concourses C and A connect to the airplane but they are in the ground. I will attach pictures to show what I’m talking about. 

2. There’s a dip in the runway, right at taxiway A2 that causes planes to bounce violently on takeoff and landing. It’s not smooth like the rest of the runway.

3. The last thing I want to mention is the ground at Concourse C is sloped instead of flat. Can this area be flattened a little bit? It isn’t sloped in real life. 

Other than these items, I love this scenery. It’s so detailed down to the tiniest things. Thank you for all the work that went into this project. I was excited to see this scenery when it was announced.

Regards,

Matthew

DEA9E612-F7D7-4D9C-8114-DC51F0087E11.jpeg

B096ABD9-26AE-4AC8-B113-99FF520E7E98.jpeg

Hi Matthew!

Thanks for your kind words, I'm glad you like the product.

The fact that the SAM jetways are connecting too deeply is a SAM issue and unfortunately, I cannot fix it. The jetways were set correctly for my part, but the fact that the jetways contact each time too deeply is related to SAM itself and not to the setting.

I will take another look at the mesh issues you listed and then have our mesh dev fix them. Thanks for the hint!

Kind regards

Chris,

Xometry

23 hours ago, Captnchris said:

Hi Matthew!

Thanks for your kind words, I'm glad you like the product.

The fact that the SAM jetways are connecting too deeply is a SAM issue and unfortunately, I cannot fix it. The jetways were set correctly for my part, but the fact that the jetways contact each time too deeply is related to SAM itself and not to the setting.

I will take another look at the mesh issues you listed and then have our mesh dev fix them. Thanks for the hint!

Kind regards

Chris,

Xometry

No problem!! I’m now taking flight lessons out of this airport so if there’s anything I can do. If you want pictures of anything just let me know. 

• JoshF locked this topic