A discussion about performance

aceridgey

Hi guys,

Firstly, congratulations on the release of Heathrow.

I have a 10700k 32gb ram and now a GTX3080. The performance at EGLL is quite hard hitting, more than any area in the sim. 

Are you planning any further optimisations in performance as i feel they're needed. 

Additionally, perhaps a config tool within the inibuilds manager so we can select/deselect parts of the scenery?? 

• Administrators

Hi @aceridgey,

I'm sorry to hear you're having performance issues.

The matter is that Heathrow is currently beyond-optimized as per the MSFS SDK guidelines and fitting so much density into the area of Heathrow. Every single object has LODs and is at its minimum visually palatable texture resolution.

However, I'm sure there's always areas for improvement here and there, so we will be assessing this each update to see where we can further squeeze out more FPS.

One thing I'd like to see is a comparison between the settings of @Razalom and you @aceridgey - could I get a few screenshots from both of you going down the settings page to compare, and maybe I can make some recommendations for the best possible experience.

@Razalom We're aware of the ILS issue and are working to resolve it for the next release.

Cheers.

Max
iniBuilds | Management - Art Director
inibuilds.com

Hello,

Bought the scenery today....Good job.
But is a performance problem....Coming down ILS 09, the whole things hangs (freezing) intermittently....Even when taxing, it keep freezing.

Can you guys recommends settings to get it working correctly ?

Thanks,
Regis

Hello @Ubaid Mussa

"We recommend texture quality, texture synthesis being the two main ones."

Set them to what as you've recommended.  ? 
I see "texture synthesis"...but I don't see "texture quality".

Can you please provide guidance with screenshot maybe ?

Thanks,
Regis

• 8 months later...
  • JoshF locked this topic