No RWY (green) FMA A310/A300

matchvisser

Does the iniSimulations A310-300 ON THE LINE have no detection in the FMA
for departing runways with a CAT II or CAT III localiser installed?
And is this also the case with the a300 version?

See attached image.
Greets Matchvisser

Take off Roll.jpg

Edited by matchvisser

Hi,

Thanks for the post. 

The system works quite close to the 320 but with 1 key difference. 

The 320 is smart enough to know which runway you are departing from and will autotune the LOC or ILS. But with the A300 it has no auto tune function for the ILS. To get this feature working you need to tune the ILS yourself with the correct runway CRS set. Once you press the GO leavers then you should also get the RWY mode on the FMA with the associated yaw bar. 

But saying that the RWY function is only really helpful when you are in IMC for low vis takeoffs so I am guessing my crews won't bother unless you are in low vis conditions. 

kind Regards,

Lead Technical Team

1 hour ago, Cammac said:

Hi,

Thanks for the post. 

The system works quite close to the 320 but with 1 key difference. 

The 320 is smart enough to know which runway you are departing from and will autotune the LOC or ILS. But with the A300 it has no auto tune function for the ILS. To get this feature working you need to tune the ILS yourself with the correct runway CRS set. Once you press the GO leavers then you should also get the RWY mode on the FMA with the associated yaw bar. 

But saying that the RWY function is only really helpful when you are in IMC for low vis takeoffs so I am guessing my crews won't bother unless you are in low vis conditions. 

kind Regards,

Lead Technical Team

Thanks for this explanation.