INS lat and long

George Joachim

Hi I have recently purchased a new gaming laptop and xplane 11 in order to enjoy the wonderful A300…

since I am new to xplane I can’t for the life of me figure out how to obtain the latitude and longitude in order to input it into the ins…how do you find that In xplane? ( sorry a fsx p3d veteran)…

• Administrators

No worries at all.

Further to what Brad has mentioned once you turn the knobs on the overhead to ALIGN;

You should see something pop up on the FMS, saying 'Align IRS'. If you press that line select key, the IRS will align in reference to the alignment time setting you have pressed on the EFB. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ubaid said:

You should see something pop up on the FMS, saying 'Align IRS'.

.. and let me add that unlike other A/C you need to input a departure / arrival airport combination in order for Align IRS to appear. You can change the arrival airport later on if you so please.

• Like 1

Thanks All, the IRS is aligned without inputting the latitude and longitude and works properly…the 3 knobs must be set to align, the message ALIGN IRS must be clicked in the FMS and then after some time, the operation will be done. Then the 3 knobs must be set to NAV.