EFB sometimes gets stuck in "disabled controls with physical keyboard" with no way to get out of it

aviationnut

Hi all,

This has happened to me twice and it has proven very annoying because I literally have no way out of this state until I close and restart MSFS entirely.

I might be pressing buttons on the EFB and it seems if I do some combination of mouse clicks or something it gets into this state where it thinks I focused a field in the EFB and locks me in, waiting for my keyboard input. As a result, my mouse and all other controls are frozen, and the keyboard is also no-op. Nothing I press on the keyboard either manipulates anything on the EFB or gets me out of this state.

I am not exactly sure how to reproduce this consistently, but it seems to be perhaps if I accidentally click the left and right button at roughly the same time or perhaps I click on a border of a field where one part thinks I have focused a field, while another one thinks I missed the mark and doesn't focus, leaving me in this stalemate.

I hope I explained myself clearly. Is there any hotkey that gets me out of this state?

image.jpeg

Hi @aviationnut

It may be that the EFB is just in enough of your view that clicking towards the edge of the screen (or off screen if multiple monitors) may be triggering it. In any case, you should be able to get out of this by clicking the "down" key on the on-screen keyboard (bottom right corner of the EFB in your screenshot).

If you are stuck in that state without that EFB Keyboard button being fully in your view, then you may use the "Cameras" window from the toolbar on top to navigate to the EFB's instrument view. You need not exit the sim entirely in any such instance.

You may also try to adjust your default views such that the EFB is out of sight. Alternatively, you may switch off the EFB when not in use.

Thanks!

Vrishabh Sehgal @Richboy2307 )
Community Team Member & Tester
IniBuilds Ltd. | inibuilds.com

22 minutes ago, aviationnut said:

The problem is the mouse cursor isn't even visible.

Hmm, as you can see in the video, the EFB doesn't freeze the cursor when in "input" mode. It just captures all keyboard inputs for the EFB instead.

If it did affect mouse input as you say, then you would not be able to use the on-screen keyboard even as the mouse is not visible. So I'm not sure of your observation, it could be some other addon causing conflict.

You could perhaps try with an "empty" community folder to be certain. You don't need to uninstall any addons, simply try the renaming trick as below:

To run with a blank community folder without losing your addons:
1. Rename your existing community folder to ``_Community``
2. Create a new ``Community`` folder in its place.
3. Copy only the ``inibuilds-aircraft-a300-600`` folder inside it.
4. Run the sim and see if same problem persists.

Once done testing, then you can close the sim, and restore your original folder as follows:
1. Copy the ``inibuilds-aircraft-a300-600`` folder back to ``_Community``
2. Delete the new ``Community`` folder you made
3. Rename the ``_Community`` folder to ``Community``

Thanks!

Vrishabh Sehgal @Richboy2307 )
Community Team Member & Tester
IniBuilds Ltd. | inibuilds.com