Jump to content

[XBOX] A300-600F: FMC Winds


Alan Fernandes

Recommended Posts

It takes the AVG/CRZ wind, but for individual waypoints you have to fill it manually on the FPLN page:

  • Hit the Next Page button
  • Click on R LSK for the waypoint you want to enter the VERT REV B page
  • Enter the Wind & Temp data for your expected level at that waypoint (you can find the data on the OFP normally)

Thanks!

  • Thanks 1

Vrishabh Sehgal @Richboy2307 )
Community Team Member & Tester
IniBuilds Ltd. | inibuilds.com

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/30/2024 at 6:40 PM, Daan376 said:

no, and we cant request so u cant get the descent winds. Or if there is some way let me know i dont know it too

Descent winds you get from the Simbrief pdf and put them in on the PROG page where there is a DES WINDS button (might be in fuel pred page which is accessed from PROG page - can't remember)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Azlog said:

Descent winds you get from the Simbrief pdf and put them in on the PROG page where there is a DES WINDS button (might be in fuel pred page which is accessed from PROG page - can't remember)

Can you add a screenshot where i can find them in the flightplan and how/where to input it in the a300

😀

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Alan Fernandes said:

Could it be possible to have this done automatically for all navigation in this integration with SimBrief?

That is the plan, yes. If all goes well, might even make it into the next A300 update.

  • Like 1

Vrishabh Sehgal @Richboy2307 )
Community Team Member & Tester
IniBuilds Ltd. | inibuilds.com

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Daan376 said:

Can you add a screenshot where i can find them in the flightplan and how/where to input it in the a300

When you're in cruise, on the MCDU hit MODE button, then you'll find  DES FORECAST> on LSK 5R. Click it to go to the DES FORECAST page where you can enter the winds at desired altitudes, and also the destination.

image.png.b152bdcf689e12ad8cdc2f06a294ea48.png

 

As for this data, you'll find it from your OFP's WIND INFORMATION section: 

image.png.2dee19d17ffff23a44ab5badeb15390a.png

Please checkout this helpful interactive guide to the OFP for more information: https://dispatch.simbrief.com/guide#interactive-ofp-sample

Thanks!

  • Like 2

Vrishabh Sehgal @Richboy2307 )
Community Team Member & Tester
IniBuilds Ltd. | inibuilds.com

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Alan Fernandes said:

Still about winds: In VERT REV, what is the required temperature (Celsius) at 73N40? OAT, TAT, SAT?

SAT is the Static Air Temperature, OAT is the Outside Air Temperature, and both are basically the same thing. This is the temp that will be shown on your OFP's WIND INFORMATION section, and also what you enter into the MCDU.

So using the same example from above:
image.png.2dfd1f01dd18b7f2220a106233b8ae91.png

If I was entering the info for waypoint TUDEP, and cruising at FL330, I'd input -50c as temp, and winds 218/80 as shown in red.

Thanks!

  • Thanks 1

Vrishabh Sehgal @Richboy2307 )
Community Team Member & Tester
IniBuilds Ltd. | inibuilds.com

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, richboy2307 said:

SAT is the Static Air Temperature, OAT is the Outside Air Temperature, and both are basically the same thing. This is the temp that will be shown on your OFP's WIND INFORMATION section, and also what you enter into the MCDU.

So using the same example from above:
image.png.2dfd1f01dd18b7f2220a106233b8ae91.png

If I was entering the info for waypoint TUDEP, and cruising at FL330, I'd input -50c as temp, and winds 218/80 as shown in red.

Thanks!

Are these wind and temperature data modeled? Do they interfere with performance, fuel consumption, and FMC calculations, or are they merely illustrative?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Alan Fernandes said:

Do they interfere with performance, fuel consumption, and FMC calculations, or are they merely illustrative?

Yes they are factored into VNAV and EFOB/ETA calculations.

  • Like 1

Vrishabh Sehgal @Richboy2307 )
Community Team Member & Tester
IniBuilds Ltd. | inibuilds.com

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...