[PC/XBOX] Unable to switch on FCU between switched & managed modes

Same here except on PC. 

Can't engage Nav or managed Modes (Alt or Speed) when I made manual changes prior. 

The Buttons do click in but doesn't trigger the managed modes. 

Also I noticed for a DIR I have to go back to the FPL page and activate a temporary change for the DIR to happen. But then I have the above mentioned problem. 

Love the plane so far especially the EFB and Takeoff Calculator.

Thanks for the great Work 

There is NO way I can switch HDG / SPD / ALT on the FCU from switched to managed on my PC with the mouse buttons. Tried all mouse buttons combinations, checked mouse bindings, checked MSFS settings Assistance = Lock Mode.

What am I missing? Thnx for helping out. 

Hi @Marcel Booij

On LOCKED interaction mode, when you left click on any of those knobs, it will show you a drop-down with the possible interactions in order to interreact with the switch. For example here in order to set Managed mode you need to Right click, or in order to set selected you need to middle click.

image.png.06ca471905ca69b12449832d1fa7f70e.png

In order to see this guidance you need to enable 'INSTRUMENT DESCRIPTION TOOLTIPS' from the accessibility menu (either Delayed or Instant per your preference)image.thumb.png.c9d8a137f215ff4444884c5b47a68ae8.png

Thanks!

Vrishabh Sehgal @Richboy2307 )
Community Team Member & Tester
IniBuilds Ltd. | inibuilds.com

Hi all,

Could you please record a video like this where you notice the issue? While this is PC, i've tried a few times and not able to reproduce these issues.

In order to go back to managed mode there needs to be a valid flightplan in the MCDU as well as the INIT/PERF pages filled in.

Vrishabh Sehgal @Richboy2307 )
Community Team Member & Tester
IniBuilds Ltd. | inibuilds.com

When the flpn and perf / init data are filled it looks I can now switch between managed & selected.

What's left is it won't lock to the flightplan, althoug it is visible on the map, i fly close by the leg (green), FD is on and HDG in Managed. Any Ideas?

I don’t know how to help but I found when I put a sid in the heading went to manage mode but I have to be careful because if it goes back to selected after this then I can’t get it back

I don’t have a problem with the autopilot not following the flight plan so I don’t know how to help sorry

Hi everyone

This issue is on xbox, The managed speed can not change after take off and the NAV switch is can not use too. But if you set dir to some waypoint the plane can follow the nav once, but if you change it to hdg again you should set dir again to swich to NAV model. 

I think it is a bug.

• richboy2307 changed the title to [PC/XBOX] Unable to switch on FCU between switched & managed modes

I've been able to replicate the issue on PC quite frequently, I am not sure if it's something I'm missing on the MCDU.

However, as a workaround, if you tell the MCDU to go directly to a specific waypoint while in heading mode, this automatically switches it back to nav.

• Like 2