Flight director 1 disappears

edaaaaaali123456

Hi all,

I've recently encountered an issue where flight director 1 on the captain's side randomly disappears on the PFD and is replaced by a flag showing it is not working. At first I assumed I had accidentally clicked on something while looking around that caused it to break. I managed to complete the flight fine as the FD2 on the FO side was working fine. I just had it again and was wondering what could be the cause and how to avoid it happening, and its happened with both the GE pax and PW freighter variants. I've also noticed that the standby attitude indicator looks broken as well. Hope someone can help!

Thanks

Screenshot 2024-04-11 181809.png

What version are you running?  After v1.1.0 this has been fixed (for me at least). 

FD1 failure is caused by pitch trim 1 disengaging, you can reconnect it and restore FD1. This bug also empties the main fuel tanks, you can refill  them inflight if you set refuelling to "not realistic" in settings. Stby horizon cannot be reset.

Hi,

I'm pretty sure I was running it with v1.1.0, anyway I uninstalled it and reinstalled the latest update (v1.1.1) and it happened again just now. Any ideas what might be causing it? I'm using FSLTL, GSX and a bunch of different addon airports, would anything like that be causing it?

Thanks

3 hours ago, edaaaaaali123456 said:

Hi,

I'm pretty sure I was running it with v1.1.0, anyway I uninstalled it and reinstalled the latest update (v1.1.1) and it happened again just now. Any ideas what might be causing it? I'm using FSLTL, GSX and a bunch of different addon airports, would anything like that be causing it?

Thanks

If it is not a bug, and I don't see this on my system, then literally anything in your community folder could cause this.  It could be a livery (even from another plane) a scenery etc.  The only way to verify is to move/delete everything in your community folder and run the A300 with a default livery.  If it does not happen then you found the place your problem is coming from.  Now you have to add one thing at a time back until the culprit is found.  This is a pain in the butt but a byproduct of dumping everything into the community folder and forgetting it. 

I use MSAddons Linker from flightsim.to  This allows me to install NOTHING into my community folder and only use generated symbolic links.  Before a flight, I take about 15 seconds and activate the plane, livery and two airports I am going to use.  This way I run a clean community folder. 

If that does not do the trick I am out of options other than make sure you don't have some assignment (remember, MSFS does you the "favor" of making assignments across all your devices and many times there are multiple assignments) that could trigger it.  One of the many reasons all my in sim controller profiles are blank. 

Mark "Crabby" Crabtree AAL311 | PHL
I7-9700KF | 2070 Super | Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo | MFG Crosswind

logo_130208.png

Have also the same issue. On some point pitch one Came of and disable the autopilot. Had that issue also with the old version reinstall 110 and also now the new version 111.

• 3 weeks later...

Can't say i've seen this before. Do y'all have any keybind that you are using for the FD per chance? 

Also are you able to re-engage the FD1/Standby Horizon afterwards, or its completely unresponsive?

Vrishabh Sehgal @Richboy2307 )
IniBuilds Community Team Member & Tester

I and some others I know also have this issue, at random times and intervals. I very much suspect it's something leftover from this issue.

Here's an excerpt from the similar topic on the iniBuilds Discord server:

Pitch Trim 1 faulted, inhibiting FD1. Noticed the standby attitude indicator was rolled/failed. Then, checked all systems, and noticed any fuel in all tanks except the OUTERs were gone and zeroed. However, no other values noticed were affected, including APU Oil quantity. Fuel also proceeded to flow at a conspicuously high rate, and the FUEL USED counter on ENG 1 was jumbled and appeared to be a large number.

There are some additional posts and mentions in this topic on Discord

Thanks for all the replies, for what its worth I haven't noticed this happening recently, but when it does I'm able to re-engage FD1 after pitch trim 1 is re-engaged. I don't have any binding attached to FD1 (as far as I'm aware - I know MSFS has a thing for randomly making new bindings/changing control settings).

My experience sounds exactly like what you mentioned here.

13 hours ago, Dodo said:

Pitch Trim 1 faulted, inhibiting FD1. Noticed the standby attitude indicator was rolled/failed. Then, checked all systems, and noticed any fuel in all tanks except the OUTERs were gone and zeroed. However, no other values noticed were affected, including APU Oil quantity. Fuel also proceeded to flow at a conspicuously high rate, and the FUEL USED counter on ENG 1 was jumbled and appeared to be a large number.

23 hours ago, edaaaaaali123456 said:

Thanks for all the replies, for what its worth I haven't noticed this happening recently, but when it does I'm able to re-engage FD1 after pitch trim 1 is re-engaged. I don't have any binding attached to FD1 (as far as I'm aware - I know MSFS has a thing for randomly making new bindings/changing control settings).

My experience sounds exactly like what you mentioned here.

Did you look for a binding to pitch trim1?  Don't forget, you may not have created the binding, and that binding could literally be on any of your controllers including keyboard and mouse.  MSFS loves to create bindings it thinks you need. 

Mark "Crabby" Crabtree AAL311 | PHL
I7-9700KF | 2070 Super | Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo | MFG Crosswind

logo_130208.png