Arming P. DESC. not working for RNAV approaches

Joel S

On 4/3/2024 at 3:20 AM, Slarti_Bart said:

Wow 5 approaches! Then all of them must be working! Thanks for the help!

I only speak to personal knowledge and experience.  I don't make things up like "This is a Bug!".  However, you are right.  The number of instrument approaches I fly in general are low because I am not a magenta warrior.  I am more than capable of hand flying any approach and don't need a system to do the work for me.  Furthermore, I listen and learn from people that are doing it correctly and successfully, so I don't have issues.  I will tell you this. If it is working on my end, then there are only two options to explain this. 

1. I have the only working copy of the aircraft and sim.

2. You are not doing it right. 

Mark "Crabby" Crabtree AAL311 | PHL
I7-9700KF | 2070 Super | Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo | MFG Crosswind

logo_130208.png

I said yesterday it was fixed and I apologyse again I didnt put the cost index cuz I dont know what it is cuz I playmsfs since only 1 month so Im not a pro pilot. I apologyse and I know its an error of mine. Have a nice flight!

20 hours ago, unhinged_aviator said:

Here is the setup to the approach, RARUP1 STAR, flew down to platform at 4000 in PROF with no problem. Then brought it down to platform @ 3000 ft with V/S mode, so once the aircraft was in NAV and ALT HLD mode, gear down with flaps in final configuration and slowed down to approach speed, I hit the "FInal 3.0°" in the FMC and then PROF just before the FAF (SOSNAX) where I got the cyan arming indicator and then it followed the profile nicely down to minimums.

Thanks for testing that approach at my home airport! So I am missing something. I've done the steps you're describing and nothing happens when hitting the PROF button.

When I did my tests I loaded in cold & dark on the ramp and loaded the ready state to quickly take off and test the approaches. So I never set the cost index or cruise flight level (higher than the platform altitude) on the init page. That part was indeed the solution. Without it hitting PROF does nothing on the approach...

Sorry if I offended you.

Edited by Slarti_Bart

1 hour ago, Slarti_Bart said:

Thanks for testing that approach at my home airport! So I am missing something. I've done the steps you're describing and nothing happens when hitting the PROF button.

When I did my tests I loaded in cold & dark on the ramp and loaded the ready state to quickly take off and test the approaches. So I never set the cost index or cruise flight level (higher than the platform altitude) on the init page. That part was indeed the solution. Without it hitting PROF does nothing on the approach...

Sorry if I offended you.

No offense taken and glad you got it working.

I remember I was frustrated when I first flew the A300 because it just didn't behave with the same logic as modern Airbuses and Boeing's. Every flight felt like I was out of control and fighting with the automation.

• Like 1