Arming P. DESC. not working for RNAV approaches

Joel S

Greetings:

I just tried fly RNAV Z 31L  at KJFK.  I'm unable to arm the P. DESC.  I'm using v1.1.0.  This issue was fixed in v1.0.9.

Thank you

Edited by Joel S

4 hours ago, Joel S said:

Greetings:

I just tried fly RNAV Z 31L  at KJFK.  I'm unable to arm the P. DESC.  I'm using v1.1.0.  This issue was fixed in v1.0.9.

Thank you

I just flew an RNAV yesterday on 1.10.  It was perfect.  I will guarantee you missed a step/procedure while setting up.  Review the myriad of videos on Youtube.  This will fix the problem. 

• Like 2
Mark "Crabby" Crabtree AAL311 | PHL
I7-9700KF | 2070 Super | Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo | MFG Crosswind

logo_130208.png

I know how to perform the RNAV approach from INIBUILDS YT vids.  I reconfirmed that it works with the A310.  Can you please provide your RNAV approach so I can attempt to duplicate your results?  Thanks!

I could not perform an RNAV approach. Yes, I did read the manual and watch all the YT videos but it just not work.

The only way I could do it almost work is setting the DH as the altitude, so the plane follow the path.

You guys are definitely doing something wrong.

Just flew an RNAV (RNP APCH) approach into MUCL RWY12 (Cuba) and while I thought it started descending too late, it did actually follow a profile to get the aircraft within minimums as published (253 ft above the field), at night.

Remember, these are NON-PRECISION approaches. You might be expecting an LPV (localizer performance with vertical guidance) which is kinda like a GPS-enabled ILS, but the A300 lacks the equipment and is not rated for such an approach, unlike some aircraft with the G1000 and G3000 systems that can fly them. Make sure you have also selected the CORRECT RNAV approach, as some are designed for slower, piston GA planes and have different profiles etc. I believe you should be entering only RNAV-1 Zulu approaches if more than one RNAV approach exists for the runway.

As per the manual your aircraft has to be fully configured for landing and stabilized BEFORE the FAF.

Well it's nice that it works for you.

I tried all RNP approaches into EDDH and could not get P.DES armed on any of the four possible approaches.

At the plattform altitude (3000ft) and in NAV mode after setting the MDA I'm getting the FINAL 3.00 line in the MCDU and pressing it I'm also getting the VDEV indication, but I'm never able to arm P.DES in the FMA.

Pressing PROFILE just does nothing.

Edited by Slarti_Bart

On 1/6/2024 at 2:58 PM, LNOSS said:

Not related to A300.

It is a known issue with DX12 and frame gen..

On 1/20/2024 at 2:08 PM, JRBarrett said:

It is extremely important to know which ILS 22R approach you were flying at KDTW.

Runway 22R at KDTW has two completely independent ILS systems.

ILS-Z 22R frequency 113.4, with an inbound course of 216 degrees.

ILS-Y 22R frequency 111.75, with an inbound course of 213 degrees.

The ILS-Y localizer is offset 3 degrees from the runway centerline. ILS-Y is used when simultaneous parallel approaches are being conducted to the adjacent runway 22L.

Only CAT-I approaches are permitted when using ILS-Y. No aircraft are allowed to attempt an autoland at the real KDTW when flying the ILS-Y.

CAT II and CAT III approaches (with autoland) on KDTW 22R can only be done when flying the ILS-Z approach.

The same dual ILS-Y and ILS-Z system exists on the opposite end (04L) of this same runway.

A similar situation exists on runway 22R at KJFK, which is permanently offset 2.5 degrees to the right of the runway centerline. No autolands can be done on the real KJFK 22R - for CAT Ii and CAT III (autoland) approaches, aircraft must use runway 22L

On 2/24/2024 at 11:54 AM, Crabby said:

Have you flown an RNAV with this plane?  It is not like any other aircraft you have flown.  Go to Youtube and search INI A300 RNAV tutorial.  If you miss one step, it will not work just like in the real plane. As for the DCT TO, don't know never seen that.  

On 2/25/2024 at 8:47 AM, JetNoise said:

Flew an RNAV into LFPG (Paris) this morning. 

Worked as expected, no issues.

Oliver 

On 2/25/2024 at 7:56 PM, Crabby said:

No, there are a number of reasons it won't arm.

1. Not at platform altitude and in some other mode other than profile.  I am normally in ALT HOLD 

2. Did not enter the MDA from the chart on the Approach page.

3. Did not activate the approach on the approach page. 

I never look at the legs page to set up and activate an approach.  The 3.00 that is important is on the Approach page, and when you activate it will read how far above or below that 3.0 you are.  

On 3/31/2024 at 5:01 PM, Crabby said:

I just flew an RNAV yesterday on 1.10.  It was perfect.  I will guarantee you missed a step/procedure while setting up.  Review the myriad of videos on Youtube.  This will fix the problem. 

1 hour ago, KorEl said:

Tried LGIR RNP 27, it works OK for me.

I just tried this RNP 27 approach.  It does NOT work for me (I can not arm P. DESC. in blue when pressing PROFILE).  Just to confirm, I'm using the latest v1.1.0.  v1.0.9 was working fine

38 minutes ago, Joel S said:

I just tried this RNP 27 approach.  It does NOT work for me (I can not arm P. DESC. in blue when pressing PROFILE).  Just to confirm, I'm using the latest v1.1.0.  v1.0.9 was working fine

I have flown 5 RNAV approaches in 1.10.  KCOS, KPHX, KSAN, KBOI and KPDX.  Short flights as I work through my control set up on AAO.  All were done with no problems.  Granted, I have not tried LGIR and runway 27.  However, another user did, and it worked.  Based on this we can conclude that it is not the aircraft.  The possibilities left are navdata for that airport if you are using Navigraph to overwrite the in-sim data, scenery if you have addon scenery, something else in your community folder buggering things up (could be anything even if it is not being used since it is being loaded), pilot error.  Ockham's razor.  Eliminate all possibilities and whatever is left, no matter how un-probable, is the answer.  I cannot replicate a bad or non-working RNAV approach on my end....Yet. 

• Like 3

logo_130208.png

IN MSFS:

Hello guys i did an RNAV approach at FMEP and i couldnt arm P.DES. I did all the approach stuff like being at the iaf alt, speed contraint, aircraft is configired and clixked the 3.0 final and im seeing the vdev slowly decreasing. What is weird is that THIS WORKS PERFECTLY FINE WITH THE A310!!!!!!

Also im at a300 PW V1.1.0.

Also , in the init B page , i put all the weights but the LW doesnt work:

its like dis:                     LW---.--

bro it wont enter a number in it i put zfw, block, zfwcg, tow all that stuff but still dont work:

PLZ HELP ME i bought a plane 35£ and it dont even WORK!  I DONT EVEN HAVE CONTRAINTS ON WAYPOINTS! I only get cstr on RNAV points but samz thing : IN THE A310 IT WORKS!

in a310:   PROFILE WORKS, P DES WORKS, LW WORKS and CONTRAINTS ARE THERE WHAT IS THE PROBLEM??????????? PLZ HELP ME!!!

Just now, 737PILOT2018 said:

IN MSFS:

Hello guys i did an RNAV approach at FMEP and i couldnt arm P.DES. I did all the approach stuff like being at the iaf alt, speed contraint, aircraft is configired and clixked the 3.0 final and im seeing the vdev slowly decreasing. What is weird is that THIS WORKS PERFECTLY FINE WITH THE A310!!!!!!

Also im at a300 PW V1.1.0.

Also , in the init B page , i put all the weights but the LW doesnt work:

its like dis:                     LW---.--

bro it wont enter a number in it i put zfw, block, zfwcg, tow all that stuff but still dont work:

PLZ HELP ME i bought a plane 35£ and it dont even WORK!  I DONT EVEN HAVE CONTRAINTS ON WAYPOINTS! I only get cstr on RNAV points but samz thing : IN THE A310 IT WORKS!

in a310:   PROFILE WORKS, P DES WORKS, LW WORKS and CONTRAINTS ARE THERE WHAT IS THE PROBLEM??????????? PLZ HELP ME!!!

can we appreciiate that A 35£ PLANE DOESNT WORK MEANWHILE A FREE PLANE DOES

Ok guys i found a fix guys sorry for the previous post:

I'm so dumb: i didnt put cost index so Landing weight couldnt sync and this affected the landing capabilities apparently.

Idk whats cost index and how it affect landing weight so yeah bye guys i wont reply cuz i wont look this forum anymore dont expect me to reply 

goodbye

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Slarti_Bart said:

Wow 5 approaches! Then all of them must be working! Thanks for the help!

I just did the EDDH RNP RWY33 approach in bad weather and it worked perfectly. If everyone is telling you that you're doing something wrong, perhaps it would be more productive for you to study the problem instead of attacking those trying to help?

Here is the setup to the approach, RARUP1 STAR, flew down to platform at 4000 in PROF with no problem. Then brought it down to platform @ 3000 ft with V/S mode, so once the aircraft was in NAV and ALT HLD mode, gear down with flaps in final configuration and slowed down to approach speed, I hit the "FInal 3.0°" in the FMC and then PROF just before the FAF (SOSNAX) where I got the cyan arming indicator and then it followed the profile nicely down to minimums.

eddh.thumb.jpg.d1dafe1a9189c567544b72e50d75e498.jpgeddh2.thumb.jpg.4d0f94d50c86515c7eb0dd44fd04b160.jpgeddh3.thumb.jpg.de3fceb215ff45a030b669013782fc9a.jpgeddh6.thumb.jpg.d28f59f315e27daca51dc666ecf2c0ac.jpg

20 hours ago, 737PILOT2018 said:

Ok guys i found a fix guys sorry for the previous post:

I'm so dumb: i didnt put cost index so Landing weight couldnt sync and this affected the landing capabilities apparently.

Idk whats cost index and how it affect landing weight so yeah bye guys i wont reply cuz i wont look this forum anymore dont expect me to reply 

goodbye

Cost Index should be entered as part of pre-flight.  You shouldn't even take off without that. 

logo_130208.png