EGLL update - correct procedure query

DaveRuk

I may be having a bad day, but I'm unsure about the best approach to updating EGLL to v3.1.0 and suspect others may be in the same boat.

I see the note about folder naming, which is fine, but iniManager offers options for both Update and Uninstall.

To ensure all goes well is it better to...
-Uninstall, then ensure the old folder structure is deleted manually - then install completely from scratch?
-Or...should we be deleting the old folder manually first, then using the Update option to finish the job?

Hi,

It is safe to simply run the update via iniManager.

1) It will automatically create a new folder inside your community folder, called [inibuilds-airport-egll-heathrow], where the latest version will be installed.

2) Before you run your simulator, just delete the old folder, called [inibuilds-airport-egll-london] to avoid duplicate sceneries to be loaded.

If you delete the folder *before* running inimanager, it will show the scenery as uninstalled and download a fresh copy of the latest version anyways. So the order makes no difference effectively.

After downloading, it may still show [UPDATE AVAILABLE] intermittently. Please ignore this for now, simply configure the options as necessary and close the manager. The team is aware of erroneous update available notification and working on a fix. Thanks!

• Like 1

Vrishabh Sehgal @Richboy2307 )
Community Team Member & Tester
IniBuilds Ltd. | inibuilds.com

55 minutes ago, richboy2307 said:

Hi,

It is safe to simply run the update via iniManager.

1) It will automatically create a new folder inside your community folder, called [inibuilds-airport-egll-heathrow], where the latest version will be installed.

2) Before you run your simulator, just delete the old folder, called [inibuilds-airport-egll-london] to avoid duplicate sceneries to be loaded.

If you delete the folder *before* running inimanager, it will show the scenery as uninstalled and download a fresh copy of the latest version anyways. So the order makes no difference effectively.

After downloading, it may still show [UPDATE AVAILABLE] intermittently. Please ignore this for now, simply configure the options as necessary and close the manager. The team is aware of erroneous update available notification and working on a fix. Thanks!

Thanks for the guidance, it's much appreciated. I just went to iniManager and even though the original folder is still in \Community... iniManager thinks EGLL is not installed at all - i.e. there is no Update option showing now, though it was there last time I looked. I'll try the Install from iniManager as it's the only option, then check folders and delete the "old" [inibuilds-airport-egll-london] structure, and see how it goes. I'll update with the outcome!

• Like 1

Quick update, I followed the suggested steps and the update seems to have completed ok.
I'd also mention that iniManager is not showing "Update Available" either, so hopefully it's all good!

• Like 1