Can't Calculate Performance Data

dresoccer4

It says "Unable to find SAFE performance data"

This is based on your weight, runway length, altitude and temperature.  It will not present you with an unsafe option.  Kick some fatties or gold off the plane and try again.  Try another flaps option.  

Mark "Crabby" Crabtree AAL311 | PHL
I7-9700KF | 2070 Super | Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo | MFG Crosswind

logo_130208.png

3 hours ago, Crabby said:

This is based on your weight, runway length, altitude and temperature.  It will not present you with an unsafe option.  Kick some fatties or gold off the plane and try again.  Try another flaps option.  

No, i think there is a bug here. I am trying the same thing. Well under MTOW. But, If I lower the wind to 350/12 I get a sucessful calculation. If I return the wind to 350/21 (or anything above 12), it's unable to find "safe" performance data. A stronger headwind reduces required runway length, no?

If I change the direction of the wind to blow straight down the runway 007/22, the calculator works fine? So maybe it's the crosswind component? But with a runway heading of 007, and a wind of 350/21, that's only a 6kt crosswind. That should be well within the limits for this aircraft, right? So why is it unable to generate a safe option?

As an additional test, i made a impossibly long runway and reduced the weight of the aircraft to near empty weight and still could not find a "safe" option with any of the flaps settings or TOGA option. 

wind-12.png

wind-21.png

no-xwind.png

10000m-rwy-empty.png

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Crabby said:

still not following. this is an over 8000' runway, I'm only 3/4 full of passengers, and it's a relatively cool and pleasant day outside. what's unsafe about this?

3 hours ago, dresoccer4 said:

still not following. this is an over 8000' runway, I'm only 3/4 full of passengers, and it's a relatively cool and pleasant day outside. what's unsafe about this?

I would have to look on the actual performance tables in the FCOM.  I am traveling without access.  I am not saying it IS unsafe, but that the EFB thinks it is.  In general though you have to be able to reach V1 at a calculated point on the runway that allows enough room to stop.  The variables are weight, wind, temperature, altitude, density altitude, flap settings etc.   I am sure you can take off in that distance, but takeoff is just an acceptable outcome to the takeoff roll.  A good takeoff calculation assumes you will need to abort. 

logo_130208.png

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, MarcusVT said:

I received this message also, but I could take off. I have to admit it wasn't confortable, but very feasable.

Take off calculations are not designed nor supposed to be "feasible".  It is feasible does not mean safe.  Calculations are done so that you will hit V1 with enough runway left to stop safely and not kill any of your pretend passengers.  If you want to just willy nilly take off, don't even bother with the calculator.  Load up and get to the runway and hit toga.  If you are trying to simulate ops, understand that you might have to make some adjustments.  

• Like 1

logo_130208.png