DME ARCs: Oh dear!

Fab10

I flew a route containing two DME ARCs, one each in the SID & STAR, but the A300 had tremendous issues at both ends.

it is as if it loses track of the sequencing. I let it meander through both procedures to see how it would pan out and yet I had to intervene on both.

Here’s the route:
MMCE/13 CONT2A CONTO DCT ROLMI UT30 CZM UG765 IMOLO UR506 NUDUG L212 VTICO DCT UNG DCT BENON BENON3 MUHA/I06

We are several iterations into the build, yet reading through the forum posts it is apparent that there are still serious flaws in this payware aircraft.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Fab10 said:

That’s interesting.

I also used FLC and kept it slow but the arc was nowhere near the 10DME point, and it didn’t follow the correct lateral path.

I will try again.

180kts let it intercept perfectly. Any more than that and it was drawing an overshoot.

Edited by kevink817

I will try at 180kts and I saw the overshoots but still it turned out of sync with the procedure.

That said, we should be cleaned up and going higher & faster.

I'll give it a go though.

Hi,

Just tried this approach into Havana. The aircraft was able to maintain the arc at 260kias with no issue. (I even sped up to 280 to try and overshoot the turn to no avail)
Can you confirm you're at or near a reasonable landing weight when performing this procedure?

FlightSimulator_ZiIbuSiCOY.png

FlightSimulator_aYxNMEsHUs.png

Hi,

I’ve not tried it with the latest build, maybe there were improvements in that area?

I was well below weight limits (the flight was a short hop from MMCE).

I will give it another go, and I really appreciate that a few have provided feedback on this by trying the route.

Thanks!

There are still problems after 1.0.9:

The a/c follows the arc only when there are no waypoints near the start or in the arc. 

If waypoints are near or in the arc the ap seems to be confused, makes a circle and then steers to a random direction.

Example arrival TIGRA2T to LGKR:

When reaching D276W turns right to  a circle, If you select a direct to "intercept" wp it enters the arc, follows it but when reaching D189T it makes a turn and moves away again. 

The full plan:

LIRN/24 GALT8J GALTI M742 LUXIL L995 KAPPO M603 XAPAT Q772 TIGRA TIGR2T LGKR/DIREX.R34

Screenshot (294).jpg

• 1 month later...

After 1.1.0:

Still cant fly DME arcs. This version does not do strange things, it just flies between entry and exit of the arc in a straight line.

Screenshot (316).jpg

Posted (edited)

Yes, I noticed that too landing at LGIR, it straightened the ARC.
And still no take-off trim setting…

Not quite the INI Builds of old then. 

Edited by Fab10

Did you guys activate the curved segments option in the EFB?  Not realistic, but it is there. 

Mark "Crabby" Crabtree AAL311 | PHL
I7-9700KF | 2070 Super | Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo | MFG Crosswind

logo_130208.png

Yes, tried this, it displays the arc as a straight line in the ND, even it is set in EFB to show curved paths.

Since 1.0.9 it was working, but with problems (see previous posts)

1 hour ago, Crabby said:

Did you guys activate the curved segments option in the EFB?  Not realistic, but it is there. 

Of course, but this has no bearing on the actual lateral path flown or how it is displayed on the ND (for the DME ARC approaches I have flown).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/4/2024 at 4:31 PM, richboy2307 said:

Thanks for your posts guys. It has been logged. 👍

DME/ARCs are still broken in V1.1.1.

This DME deficiency needs to be addressed, as well as the lack of T/O TRIM setting.

Thank-you for your prompt attention to this.

I feel like going back to my XP version, that was a hole in one.

Screenshot 2024-04-14 102421.png