A300 ground control

Azlog

I have rudder controls nose wheel steering turned off as I use a stick on my Xbox controller for nose wheel steering on the ground. In the A310, this works perfectly where you can steer the aircraft on the ground with the nose wheel steering and then on the runway and taxiways, 

I pressed submit by accident and it won't let me edit. Here is what I was wanting to post ...

I have rudder controls nose wheel steering turned off as I use a stick on my Xbox controller for nose wheel steering on the ground. Also got automatic tiller disconnect. In the A310, this works perfectly where you can steer the aircraft on the ground with the nose wheel steering and then on the runway and taxiways, you can use the rudder to keep it straight as this gives not only rudder movement but also a small amount of nose wheel movement which I believe is meant to be correct?

In the A300, rudder does nothing on the ground until you get to 60kts where the tiller disconnects with a click and suddenly you've got full nosewheel steering linked to the rudder which makes it seriously wobbly going down the runway as it's extremely sensitive. Is this on your radar for a fix?

Having written this, I'm now wondering if the auto tiller disconnect works by having tiller linked to rudder until 60kts where it disconnects from the rudder controls. But if you have it disconnected by default then it's toggling to do the opposite and is actually connecting to the rudder control at 60kts? Will try it later

Ok I answered my own question. Rudder controls tiller set to no and auto tiller disconnect set to no is a perfect combo that just gave me a perfectly smooth takeoff once I lined up with the tiller on my Xbox controller. Guessing if I set them both to yes then that would also have worked fine. I do feel that this needs to be a little clearer though

• Like 1