Throttle stuck in reverse

berkkp

When reverse thrust is engaged, increasing the throttle with my hardware (Thrustmaster TWCS throttle), the engines will spool up but in reverse thrust rather than exiting reverse thrust. Is there any setting to stop this behavior? Usually as soon as the throttle gets moved above 0% the reversers should disengage, as in any other aircraft.

Use reverse hold.  When this is activated, it puts the aircraft into reverse idle.  Moving the throttle forward will increase the amount of reverse thrust.  When ready to stow reversers, move the throttle back to idle and deselect reverse hold.  The throttles then go back to normal operation.  

Mark "Crabby" Crabtree AAL311 | PHL
I7-9700KF | 2070 Super | Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo | MFG Crosswind

logo_130208.png

Looks like this on the in sim bindings assuming you don't use AAO or Spadnext. There is no provision for engine 1 or 2.  It holds all reversers.  

Microsoft Flight Simulator 1_9_2024 2_12_43 PM.png

Edited by Crabby

logo_130208.png

7 hours ago, Crabby said:

Looks like this on the in sim bindings assuming you don't use AAO or Spadnext. There is no provision for engine 1 or 2.  It holds all reversers.  

Speaking of which, I tried to map the "hold reverse thrust" in AAO last night but I could not get it to work - it would only work by pressing and releasing the button on my controller (I tried the two reverse thrust commands but ended up with the same result). Is there something I'm mapping incorrectly here?

1 hour ago, LukeFF said:

Speaking of which, I tried to map the "hold reverse thrust" in AAO last night but I could not get it to work - it would only work by pressing and releasing the button on my controller (I tried the two reverse thrust commands but ended up with the same result). Is there something I'm mapping incorrectly here?

Upon further review, and I had long ago forgotten about this, I actually have that mapped in the sim.  AAO has a problem with that command.  I thought it was fixed by now but apparently not.  It had been so long ago, I forgot about this.  I will get a hold of Loriby and see what the progress is on this.  In the mean time, map it as above.  

logo_130208.png

15 minutes ago, Crabby said:

Upon further review, and I had long ago forgotten about this, I actually have that mapped in the sim.  AAO has a problem with that command.  I thought it was fixed by now but apparently not.  It had been so long ago, I forgot about this.  I will get a hold of Loriby and see what the progress is on this.  In the mean time, map it as above.  

Got it, thanks. 👍 Yes, I've used it as mapped in the sim and found it to work flawlessly.

Edited by LukeFF

6 minutes ago, LukeFF said:

Got it, thanks. 👍 Yes, I've used it as mapped in the sim and found it to work flawlessly.

Holy Crap!  I haven't tried it in a while.  This works.  I have not tried to hold the individual engines, just both.  Sweet.  I have V4-10 b57 i think.  Give it a whirl.  Notice I added a key up with a 0 in it to make sure it comes out of reverse.  Seems to work.  I am going to go change all my aircraft now!  Sweet, God knows I love a blank in sim profile!.

Change Button Assignment 2_15_2024 7_24_24 PM.png

Edited by Crabby

logo_130208.png

Ok, I can confirm that works for everything but the Fenix.  I think it has to do with their half in the sim half not in the sim/throttle config and just the Airbus throttle operation in general.  So, that one stays in the sim.  

logo_130208.png

19 hours ago, Crabby said:

Holy Crap!  I haven't tried it in a while.  This works.  I have not tried to hold the individual engines, just both.  Sweet.  I have V4-10 b57 i think.  Give it a whirl.  Notice I added a key up with a 0 in it to make sure it comes out of reverse.  Seems to work.  I am going to go change all my aircraft now!  Sweet, God knows I love a blank in sim profile!.

Change Button Assignment 2_15_2024 7_24_24 PM.png

Thanks, will give that a try. 👍

• 3 weeks later...