Taifun Ground Handling Problem

Sgunard

Hi,

I'm having no joy with taxiing the Taifun. It resolutely refuses to turn on the ground, either with rudder or differential braking. I've tried Shift G to unlock the tailwheel but this doesn't make any difference. I'm using Thrustmaster pendular rudder peddles and I have no problem with other default or addon aircraft. Also, is there no parking brake? The Taifun wants to roll forward at idle. Any ideas, as I otherwise love the Taifun, and so want it to work properly!

Hi,

It's been well over the 12-24 hours and still no support. I've tried starting the aircraft by Checklist instead of Ctrl-E, (Ctrl-E doesn't work with the OrbX Edgley Optica, which goes mental if you start it that way), but no joy. I've also checked the Control settings for the pedals, and removed the gamepad I use for the external camera, but still no improvement. Some help would be appreciated!

Thanks for coming back Nico.

To answer your question: Rudder. I don't fly the heavy stuff, only GA, so never use a tiller.

I thought I had the solution today, as I had a vague memory of setting the tailwheel lock to a switch on my Honeycomb Bravo throttle. However, using this didn't make much difference. I can turn for about 30-45 degrees but then the turn lessens and I'm back to being straight ahead only, as it won't carry on the turn.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry once again for the late reply 😞 

I can't replicat this for whatever reason.

I also use the Rudder Axis to steer the aircraft and it turns in circles no problem. For testing I also assigned a button to the tailwheel lock and that works as expected for me as well; when activated, the plane no longer turns - or only very little - but as soon as I release it again, the plane starts turning.

Are you positive, that there is no other control binding interfering with the controls of the plane?