Engines seem underpowered

bribeth

I can confirm the issue... started with 1.0.5

my observation is: I have a FLEX TO that has a target of 95% for example. On take off N2 reaches 95% then, but not N1... is that right? Should the target be for N1? Would be nice if you'd fix that.

• Like 1

On 2/8/2024 at 6:07 AM, JoshF said:

How is your Bravo set up? I'm using one and haven't seen this

Here's how mines currently set up. I engage reverse by pulling the reverser switches back and the throttles all the way down through the idle detent.  Then just close the reverser switches to cancel REV thrust and bring the throttles back up to idle detent.  Worked fine up until 1.05 update, now when I try to cancel REV using this method the number two reverser only closes halfway for some reason.  When I bring the throttles back to idle, the reversers stay engaged and any forward movement on the throttles is in turn actuating the reverser levers as an axis. I have to jangle everything around for it to go back to normal operation. So something seems to be wrong I suppose. I've tried to recalibrate in the EFB along with reinstalling the plane entirely with no luck.  Overall im absolutely loving this model.. Thanks.

Tom

Capture.JPG.7a653d5177df1c02e403c27af313752b.JPG

Edited by SkySurfer87

On 2/8/2024 at 6:48 PM, ponpon said:

Hello,

Same issue here, manual full power is 86%, and even worse : After a 2hr flight and after landing, my throttle axis controlled only the reverse. It was impossible to join the parking. I didn't change the setup during my flight and I confirm that my reverse axis option was unselected on the calibration page. 

I did a couple throttle calibration, I had still the issue.

Engines work 100% with A/T.

Aircraft concerned : A300-600F / Joystick : T.16000

Same issue here, after landing I'm stuck with the throttle axis only controlling the reversers even if the "reverse on axis" option is unselected.

I'm also pretty sure that before 1.0.5 when F2 when pressed 2 times the reverser were put in idle, now it's not working like that anymore.

The only way to use control the throttles again is to press F3 and then they start to work again...

Same problem here from V1.0.5, I can't get above 86% power, risk stalling on takeoff, and will get the landing gear warning when I retract them because the power isn't correct for takeoff. EFB calibration shows the right "values"!!!

Edited by Enr1

3 hours ago, Enr1 said:

Same problem here from V1.0.5, I can't get above 86% power, risk stalling on takeoff, and will get the landing gear warning when I retract them because the power isn't correct for takeoff. EFB calibration shows the right "values"!!!

First, V1.0.6 is available, i'd recommend you update to that if you can.

Second, for takeoff - spool the engines to 40-50% and press the TOGA button. For convience, they've placed a TOGA click spot button on the panel in front of you to the left of the Auto-land button and outlined in orange.

Edited by kevink817

20 minutes ago, kevink817 said:

First, V1.0.6 is available, i'd recommend you update to that if you can.

Second, for takeoff - spool the engines to 40-50% and press the TOGA button. For convience, they've placed a TOGA click spot button on the panel in front of you to the left of the Auto-land button and outlined in orange.

First read carefully, I wrote from and not with. I have V1.0.6 and the problem persists.

TOGA button are you referring to the "Take Off/go-around switch" in the thrust levers? so it should be a temporary solution anyway until the next update? thanks I will try

1 minute ago, Enr1 said:

TOGA button are you referring to the "Take Off/go-around switch" in the thrust levers? so it should be a temporary solution anyway until the next update? thanks I will try

Yes, those are the ones I'm referring to. If YOU would have read carefully, I also explained there is one easier to reach on the panel in front of you: "For convience, they've placed a TOGA click spot button on the panel in front of you to the left of the Auto-land button and outlined in orange."

Also, keep in mind that setting the throttle to 40 - 50% (and actually the FCOM states even up to 80%) and activating the TOGA lever is the normal operating procedure in the aircraft and not a "temporary solution".

Finally, the devs are already aware of this and have explained above that they weren't able to get a fix in time for the 1.0.6 release.