Sim Rate is not working with the A300

felipeturbay

Hello guys, I have done already a couple of tests with the A300. Increasing or decreasing the sim rate will make make the flight uncontrollable i.e the sim rate will slow down and speed up automatically by itself.

in hope this will be fixed in the future 

• Like 1

Hey,

for my part, I can clearly see the approximations of the autopilot increasing with the rate, but until x8 it's totally useable ; from x16 there is so much CPU used that the all fly model sim to collapse, after something like 10 sec. But x8 is pretty good.

3 hours ago, BenjiBoy said:

for my part, I can clearly see the approximations of the autopilot increasing with the rate, but until x8 it's totally useable ; from x16 there is so much CPU used that the all fly model sim to collapse, after something like 10 sec. But x8 is pretty good.

So is working for you? As soon as I mess up with the sim rate by using this aircraft the sim rate will speed up or slow down by itself 

So is working for you? As soon as I mess up with the sim rate by using this aircraft the sim rate will speed up or slow down by itself 

Yeah it's working, not perfectly but it does. Furthermore, most of the aircrafts (3rd party of not) react badly on sim rate change !

• Like 1

On 1/15/2024 at 5:36 PM, Nico - Gumby said:

Just a note: Officially sim rate isn't supported by the A300. We are looking into it to make it more stable in the future though

That's really good to hear, thanks.
I find the aircraft really stable at 2x and at 4x it porpoises up and down but does fly along fine without busting the altitude too much. Laterally it does a pretty good job at 4x. Have not tried 8x as that seems to cause almost every non-PMDG aircraft I have to fall out of the sky after a while.

One thing I would really appreciate you looking into has already been raised but that's the fuel burn stays at 1x regardless of the sim rate, which results in significantly heavier landing weights than normal.

With long haul aircraft they do really need to support sim rate to some degree. A lot of simmers have limited time to sim and want to replicate real life routes or routes they've flown and not always fly a short haul city pair. This will be especially critical once the A350 releases so I do hope Ini does give higher sim rates some attention going forward.
PMDG aircraft seem to be incredibly stable even at 8x so perhaps it might be possible to reach out to them to see how they achieve it?

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/18/2024 at 10:46 PM, atcogl said:

With long haul aircraft they do really need to support sim rate to some degree.

Second that!

Fortunately, I can confirm the A300 to be reliable and smooth at 2x, whereas the A310 acted like a rocking horse at double speed. Desite all their similarities, the A300's avionics suite seems to be a tad upgraded in this regard.

Well done!

• 2 weeks later...

Any third-party long haul airliner should have a built-in automatic sim rate and pause at TOD... otherwise long flights become too complicated to simulate. To me, this is deal-breaker with the A300.