Updated version : still Idle/Reverse problematic with TCA Throttle

Chris89636

Hello, first of all the plane is great, thank you very much for this beautiful product;

I encountered still the same issue as before : with TCA Throttle if you calibrate on Idle position, the reverse are starting. This despite good calibration in EFB.

Can you solve this with a fix ?

Best regards from Belgium.

• Like 3

Same problem here. Reversers kick in at idle. If I don't have reversers in it seems to idle high. I also seem to have a hunch the N1 seems to be rev'ing / surging slightly but I think this is related. I've tried everything I can find.

Calibrate the TCA throttles .

The -0.05 "fix" that is mentioned on the A310. 

Numerous calibration variations and attempts. 

The in aircraft throttle calibration is, for me anyway, about the only real downside to this aircraft.

I have a Saitek throttle to fall back on but I can't get the reverse to work on that either! Anyone any pointers please.

• Like 1

@jez481

Fellow Captains,

The TCA Throttle set up works but it is finicky and you have to play a little with it. I have the Captain set up and have no problems.  In the other notes I added a few links and described that you have to do several things firdt for it to work. If these are not followed there is a higher chance it will continue to be that way. 

Step one - ensure the calibration outside of the Sim has been completed.  There are 2 calibrations needed. One is the windows calibration and from the TCA YouTube video itself.  

Step two- update all hardware components from the TCA page . 

Step three - delete any and all profiles in sim and create a new profile rename to A300 or what ever you choose. 

Step four- ensure your sensitivity is at default and there are no cross bindings set up.

Step five- once you load the plane in sim your TCA throttle must be at idle nothing else set to.

Step six- press F1 on keyboard to ensure the idle detent is present 

Step seven- go to EFB Select calibration start , set throttle max reverse than hit the max reverse on your EFB . For idle reverse slightly move the throttle a little forward but not to where is goes fully idle hit select idle reverse on EFB. Now move to idle position select idle on EFB and finally move throttle to max hit on EFB and hit save. 

Now once completed if you decide to and want you can go to the config file and adjust the numbers a little but not to much. 

Hope this helps. Again it's a little work but it will be fine. Coding isn't perfect and as mentioned before as expected little work must be done. Nothing is perfect. 

Cheers 

• Like 1

Windows 11 Home Insider Preview 64-bit
CPU Intel Core i7 10700K @ 3.80GHz 
RAM 32.0GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @ 1066MHz (15-15-15-36)
Motherboard MPG Z490 GAMING EDGE WIFI

ATI AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT 12GB Gigabyte)

Just wanted to add that I have the issue both on my TCA and my TQ6, so it seems to be an issue with how it calibrates throttles with the reverser on axis rather than just the TCA.

Hopefully a patch is forthcoming, I would think they should be able to figure out why idle in the calibration does not equal idle in the sim and tweak it accordingly.  I’ve tried altering the calibration file as noted here but them my idle thrust isn’t actually at idle, so also not an ideal situation.  For now I’m just flying without the reversers on axis until ini sorts it out.

Edited by regis902

38 minutes ago, Marcocessna84 said:

@jez481

Fellow Captains,

The TCA Throttle set up works but it is finicky and you have to play a little with it. I have the Captain set up and have no problems.  In the other notes I added a few links and described that you have to do several things firdt for it to work. If these are not followed there is a higher chance it will continue to be that way. 

Step one - ensure the calibration outside of the Sim has been completed.  There are 2 calibrations needed. One is the windows calibration and from the TCA YouTube video itself.  

Step two- update all hardware components from the TCA page . 

Step three - delete any and all profiles in sim and create a new profile rename to A300 or what ever you choose. 

Step four- ensure your sensitivity is at default and there are no cross bindings set up.

Step five- once you load the plane in sim your TCA throttle must be at idle nothing else set to.

Step six- press F1 on keyboard to ensure the idle detent is present 

Step seven- go to EFB Select calibration start , set throttle max reverse than hit the max reverse on your EFB . For idle reverse slightly move the throttle a little forward but not to where is goes fully idle hit select idle reverse on EFB. Now move to idle position select idle on EFB and finally move throttle to max hit on EFB and hit save. 

Now once completed if you decide to and want you can go to the config file and adjust the numbers a little but not to much. 

Hope this helps. Again it's a little work but it will be fine. Coding isn't perfect and as mentioned before as expected little work must be done. Nothing is perfect. 

Cheers 

Some extra clarification please if you can.

Step 1 - TCA calibration done. What's the Windows calibration? How do I find that as game controlled brings up a Thrustmaster dialog box which shows things working as expected.

Step 4 - what do you define as "default sensitivity", is that zero / zero if you see what I mean? What would cross bindings look like in the setup?

Thank you 

For windows calibration there is a default calibration mode. 

1. Go to Windows Search
  2. Type: Set up USB game controllers
  3. Select the TCA and click properties
  4. Click Settings then Calibrate
  5. Perform the calibration.

For sensitivity yes 0 and 0 or what ever you default is set to. For cross bindings meaning ensuring there are no other functions set up with the controller for the purpose you would assign a function to. Hope this eases and helps more. 

Windows 11 Home Insider Preview 64-bit
CPU Intel Core i7 10700K @ 3.80GHz 
RAM 32.0GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @ 1066MHz (15-15-15-36)
Motherboard MPG Z490 GAMING EDGE WIFI

ATI AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT 12GB Gigabyte)

On mys side I did calibrate through the EFB and then I just changed the neurtral to dead zone in the % and added a dead zone a 4%. 
Also during the calibration at idle, I ensured and forced to be at a "true" idele by pulling hard the throttle.
Seems to be good for me

• Like 2

I am going to share my experiences that might help on calibrating the throttle for the A300. I have a tca throttle as well.

Because iniBuilds doesn't have deadzones for the IDLE detent, in regard to this, I have set the deadzone within MSFS.

Use the following sensivity setting, you shall find your throttle in IDLE position now corresponds to 50% in the throttle calibration.

image.png.59dc24786fb0b143a338d0e085583f0a.png

Then calibrate your throttle as normal in the EFB

After you have done so, raise the dead zone to 4~5%.

The thrust-lever will stay in IDLE even if you rest your hand on the throttle.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, latamsimpilot said:

Absolutely worked!! Thanks for this solution, but in my case i used 10% dead zone. Finally is working! Thanks!!!!!

Did you find 10% dead zone affecting the forward thrust?

Setting a larger dead zone also means that you would have to move the lever more forward before any changes in the axis output.

It is possible to adjust "neutral" point to where it's a tad lower than IDLE position, then when you apply dead zone, the dead zone is mostly "below" IDLE.

I was having huge problems with calibration. 

I first had to set the windows calibration back to default with these instructions.

I could only do this after uninstalling the Thrustmaster TFHT as I couldn't get the default windows box to reset calibration to default: 

https://ts.thrustmaster.com/faqs/eng/FAQ_Joysticks_Remove_Win_Calibration_All.pdf

Then for good measure I calibrated my TCA again:

https://www.simvol.org/en/articles/tutorials/calibrate-thrustmaster-tca-airbus

Then I followed the above steps from 21grams.

No more reverse at idle. I hope it helps someone who's also struggling.