A/T disconnect and thrust rolls back during takeoff

willwest43

Departing Seville, as I was about 100 feet off the ground when the autothrottle disconnected and the thrust began to rapidly roll back to idle without command. My physical thrust levers were at full thrust and the TOGA button had been pushed to initiate the takeoff, but the in-game thrust kept rolling back. It stopped at 60% N1 before I giggled my throttles and it went back up to TOGA thrust. My A/T disconnect hotkey is on my joystick, but I'd have to take my hand completely off my joystick to push the button. There are no hotkeys on my throttle for A/T disconnect either (honeycomb bravo). Just TOGA, but I did not press.

8 hours ago, Jose R. Cardona said:

Had the same experience yesterday, plus a gear up warning, what flap setting were you using? 

15/15. I did have a gear up warning though on my most previous flight out of Lutton when I was at 15/20. Maybe the gear up warning is a big with that because the plane thinks it's landing. I'm going to try 15/20 again but set the landing config switch to 15/20 and see what happens.

Hello! I've been experiencing this aswell, and I just might have come to conclusion what is causing this. I had this multiple times happening taking of (Mk-studios) EFHK Runway 22R.

There is a slight bump on the middle of a runway, which makes the aircraft airborne just by a tiny bit on the takeoff roll. And when the plane contacts ground again, the takeoff mode (and the A/T) will disengage and engines spool down (to whatever the trust levers were set before hitting the hidden GO button) 

I wish Inibuilds team could try to re-create this scenario on any runway surface that is known to have similar bumps to verify the cause. I hope this reply is helpful.

https://youtu.be/aenYKN54h0c

20240110230957_1.jpg

1 minute ago, Supikoira95 said:

Hello! I've been experiencing this aswell, and I just might have come to conclusion what is causing this. I had this multiple times happening taking of (Mk-studios) EFHK Runway 22R.

There is a slight bump on the middle of a runway, which makes the aircraft airborne just by a tiny bit on the takeoff roll. And when the plane contacts ground again, the takeoff mode (and the A/T) will disengage and engines spool down (to whatever the trust levers were set before hitting the hidden GO button) 

I wish Inibuilds team could try to re-create this scenario on any runway surface that is known to have similar bumps to verify the cause. I hope this reply is helpful.

https://youtu.be/aenYKN54h0c

20240110230957_1.jpg

Interesting. My thrust rolled back at LEZL Seville Airport which, coincidentally, is also made by MK-Studios. However, I don't recall having any bumps that put me airborne. The thrust rolled back as I was already in the air, just before gear retraction.

• Like 1

Interesting!! I've tried few take-offs having this happening, each time has been always slightly different. Most of the times the thrust rolled back on VR just when the main gear started to lift off. (I assume) But yeah. This issue indeed exists, and it can throw you off guard easily when you lose engine thrust on the most crucial moment hah.