Steering Tiller on A300

Jonathan93102

Hello all,

The new A300 is fantastic, thanks for your efforts on this project.

Sadly I am still having the same problem I had with the A310 - I cannot get the steering tiller to work. It just won't work sadly, I did report this issue with the A310 but that still has not been fixed. I've selected the correct options in the EFB too. See a link to the A310 thread below:

There is nothing in the manual about the AutoTiller Disconnect option in the EFB, what does this do?

I can control the tiller with my rudder pedals but I want to have it on my joystick twist axis and for the rudder pedals to be independent from the tiller. 

If anyone has any advice that would be great.

Thanks,

Jonathan

This sounds like the same issue I had with the A310 and am having with the A300.  I have a hardware tiller and it “stutters” for lack of a better term while steering, I keeps resetting to straight ahead for short periods, maybe it’s because I’m also applying brakes and inadvertently adding a bit of rudder.

Unfortunately I can’t use my hardware tiller with either aircraft.

I have rudder pedals and can’t steer the plane on the ground.  I don’t have any overlapping bindings.  However, the plane will only go straight.  The nose wheel will turn left or right.  But it will only slide straight.  Sometimes it will turn all the way to the right while sliding straight.  Other times the wheel will start to turn left and immediately go back to straight.  It’s super annoying.  Basically, the only way I can fly the plane is if I line it up on the runway.

On 12/29/2023 at 7:12 PM, Nico - Gumby said:

Thanks, we will look into it and try to fix it for the next round of patches.

Would you mind checking the steering being oversensitive to cross winds?. I few times I have taken off, whilst using the ground steering, the aircraft seems to veer too much to the right/left including when the rudder starts to take over the steering the aircraft. I have found that when using the rudder to correct the direction, when lifting off from the runway, the aircraft will lean over to either side too much.

Thank you.

I am also having this problem with the 310 and 300.  What I believe is happening is that if you are using the tiller on a separate axis it works as expected until it receives any input from the rudder axis.  At that point it ignores the tiller axis and uses the rudder input which effectively straightens out the turn.  In order to use the tiller you have to keep your feet off the rudder pedals which means you cannot use the brakes.

Edited by timc
typo
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, timc said:

I am also having this problem with the 310 and 300.  What I believe is happening is that if you are using the tiller on a separate axis it works as expected until it receives any input from the rudder axis.  At that point it ignores the tiller axis and uses the rudder input which effectively straightens out the turn.  In order to use the tiller you have to keep your feet off the rudder pedals which means you cannot use the brakes.

I think that is exactly what happens.

Please help

I tried all the configurations about the tiller and I can't do any takeoff correctly. I have not rudder just my Thrustmaster joystick with its rudder incorporated. Wheels are like blocked.

For me, I can't fly with this premature version. It seems like a beta version than a comercial one.

I have the same problem, I cannot make a normal turn, only very slight turn to left/right, now I cannot taxi the aircraft from taxiway to actual take off runway, cant even take off, very disappointed on inbuilds. I think I would stick with PMDG.