A300-600 Performance

BaxterChico

I bought the A300 today. 

And I was really pleased when I got it.

Unfortunately, the bad news came very quickly when it came to performance. 

I have a pretty good computer and achieve very decent FPS figures in MSFS

When I flew from OMDB-EDDF today, I noticed that my initial FPS of around 110 had dropped to 17 FPS by the time I arrived.

This is an extremely poor feature in my eyes.

I knew that the A300 would have a few bugs at the beginning, which I can overlook.

But such a drop in performance makes the aircraft very unusable for me in its current state.

Edited by BaxterChico

• BaxterChico changed the title to A300-600 Performance
16 minutes ago, iniBuilds said:

This is not something we have seen in testing. 

Is this happening for you on every flight? 

Yes, that happens on pretty much every flight. 

I have a Ryzen 9 7950x3d 4080 and 64 GB RAM. 

On no other aircraft in MSFS do I have such poor performance as in the A300.

11 hours ago, Charles KS said:

No doubt it is a ‘sim-related issue.’

No, this is not a sim problem. I don't have this problem with any other aircraft. 

I have also reinstalled the aircraft cleanly. I also have the same problem on longer flights.

So please don't give me the sim problem.

In addition, I have read several reports that this airplane has an FPS problem. 

Edited by BaxterChico

If you read iniBuild’s initial response to the blank screens and no power in the A310, you will see they initially claimed it was a ‘sim-related issue’ before later conceding (to their credit) that it was indeed a fault which they had identified and forwarded a solution to Microsoft for actioning.  Irony is sometimes wasted.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I have the same problem. good fps at the start but after around one hour into flight fps drops that bad cant continue flight.

This only happens with A300 all other aircraft are fine ie PMDG 738, fenix A320, ATR etc

On 12/30/2023 at 1:52 AM, BaxterChico said:

No, this is not a sim problem. I don't have this problem with any other aircraft.

Not a proper statement or starting point for trouble shooting a problem. Almost as bad as “it worked yesterday”.

I run it fine (30 fps min no stutters) on a 9700KF 32Ram and a 2070 Super gpu.  I have all the study level aircraft.  My setting are DX11 DLSS frames locked in Nvidia to 30. My graphic settings are all on high. I run my TV native resolution. 

Mark "Crabby" Crabtree AAL311 | PHL
I7-9700KF | 2070 Super | Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo | MFG Crosswind

logo_130208.png

I see this problem aswell at least at bigger Airports ( stuttering, lags ) and it is seen at Tests with comparing to other planes ( PMDG, Fenix, Asobo/WT 787-10, Horizon 787-9, Kuro 787-8 and some others.

So on smaller and bigger airports all those planes handles fluid wise much better as the A300-600, maybe you can take a look and possibly some optimazion can be done for fluid/FPS..

cheers 😉

• Like 1

Im having performance issues too. It's fine in clear sky but the second I add weather it stutters very bad. I, too, have a good system (Ryzen 9 7950x3d, 4070ti, 32GB ram) and have no issues with other high-end aircraft. Twice flying this aircraft since installing update 1.0.3 I've had the BSOD. Last time I had a BSOD was years ago.

• 2 weeks later...

Same problem.  FPS is decent not great, but after some amount of time it drops to being totally unplayable.  I have the lower resolution textures installed and running on what would be considered medium settings in MSFS, with a high speced computer.  The one thing that may help tracking this down, is for me, shifting to an external view fixes it temporarily.  If I hit F2 and wait for the sim to catchup, it fixes my FPS, both in cockpit and external view, but it is very temporary.

Echoing this issue, v1.06 has just been ruined on performance for me. On the ground its fine, when in the air it just falls apart. I've just tried cw4ogden's temporary fix (thanks for posting that) and it appears to certainly help with solving the issue on a temporary basis but there is definitely something wrong with performance on this build.

7800X3D and a 3080Ti ran previous versions of the A300 really well but the current version is terrible for me.

• Like 1

I can't confirm this issue. For me, the A300 is running like a charm.

Most settings on Ultra with DX12 and FG on. Using RTX4080 and Intel I9 13700

Flown a lot of flights 3h+ and no FPS drop or CTD.

Starting, landing at EHAM, EDDF, EGLL or ESSA causes no studders.

Maybe worth a test to fly only the A300 and the two airports you want to see if the culprit, another addon.

Will say there are only a few pilots with the issue and not thousands of them. 

7 minutes ago, artox67 said:

I can't confirm this issue. For me, the A300 is running like a charm.

Most settings on Ultra with DX12 and FG on. Using RTX4080 and Intel I9 13700

Flown a lot of flights 3h+ and no FPS drop or CTD.

Starting, landing at EHAM, EDDF, EGLL or ESSA causes no studders.

Maybe worth a test to fly only the A300 and the two airports you want to see if the culprit, another addon.

Will say there are only a few pilots with the issue and not thousands of them. 

I don't think its a case of the airports being at fault, since the update I've flown to LIPZ, LSGG and ENGM and all have been a stutter fest on final approach, before the current version I was having the same experience as you but in 1.06 the FPS experience has changed. In other aircraft the FPS remain as expected.

All well and good stating a few pilots may be having this issue but its still an issue that needs to be resolved for paying customers.

On 1/24/2024 at 5:43 AM, allexsaraujo said:

The performance of this particular aircraft is terribly poor. It's a shame an aircraft of this price comes with such a problem that makes it impossible to fly. Frankly, it's embarrassing for a company like this.

What's embarrassing is for someone to make a statement like this. If everyone was having this issue, then yes, I could understand that statement. But as I am running this on an old laptop, see above post for specs, and I am having nothing but fun with it. Not to mention how fast the devs were with the most recent set of patches. You need to check your settings, in sim and graphics, especially when flying near big cities and extremely detailed airports. Tons of videos on YT.

• Like 2

On 12/29/2023 at 2:25 PM, Charles KS said:

No doubt it is a ‘sim-related issue.’

Could be.  Settings for example.  I run a 9700 KF with a 2070 Super and never get below 30 fps when I look.  I don't look a lot as the number is meaningless.  My eyes are analog and therefore I trust my analog senses to know if I like what performance I am being shown.  No stutters and smooth are my measurements.  My sliders are at a minimum on high and I run DX11 with DLSS and my TV's native resolution 3840 x 2160

Mark "Crabby" Crabtree AAL311 | PHL
I7-9700KF | 2070 Super | Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo | MFG Crosswind

logo_130208.png

For the people having FPS issues, are you using FSRealistic? I found this to be the source of all of my FPS degredation and CTDs on long flights (not just with the A300) - it turns out that app continued to eat up memory and slow my system to a crawl until MSFS crashed. After closing FSRealistic completely and not using it, no more FPS drops over long flights, no more CTDs.

Edited by kevink817