A310 Broken after Power Outage at home

Flugkapitan

Greetings!

On the evening of December 26th I simming with the A310 when suddenly the power went out at my house (we were having a nasty ice storm in SE North Dakota).

The next day I attempted to do the flight over again. When I loaded the A310 in MSFS, I noticed that none of the overhead buttons made their usual noises when pressed, and that the screens on the main panel did not power up after I selected external power.

I tried using the tablet to change the state of the panel (I had it set by default to cold & dark), but that didn't help. Next, I uninstalled the A310 via the Content Manager, exited the sim, restarted the computer. After the computer was up and running I launched MSFS and loaded the A310. No luck - seems like the aircraft is not powering up.

Any assistance will be appreciated!

Regards,

Scott

I have a similar issue going back to yesterday and tablet / buttons are not responsive. Have uninstalled and reinstalled but same again. Cannot even select GPU/APU or any other panel state. For some reason, the A310 is now broken.

Regards,

Christian C.

this is the issue as I reported it:

But be as it may, when the A310 does a CTD, the next time that I launch MSFS, I disable the cache and the A310 starts normally. And vice versa, if it is disabled, I enable it and the A310 will launch. Too much of a coincidence…

And this is the actual thread in the MSFS forum (reported by several people):

Loading the A310 leads to CTD - User Support Hub / Crashes (CTDs) - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

2 hours ago, cbgonzalez said:

What about the alleged workaround (set sim date to 24 December or earlier)? Does it really help? Away from sim so cannot test for myself.

Not sure if the problem is generaly fixed now. Started the sim, set date to 22nd of december and loaded the A310. The plane loaded up normal with all displays. Than I set to real time and the plane still looked normal. Don't have the time to test further today, so now I'm wondering too if its only because the plane was loaded with sim date 22nd december or if the plane is fixed.

21 minutes ago, Patrick C. said:

Not sure if the problem is generaly fixed now. Started the sim, set date to 22nd of december and loaded the A310. The plane loaded up normal with all displays. Than I set to real time and the plane still looked normal. Don't have the time to test further today, so now I'm wondering too if its only because the plane was loaded with sim date 22nd december or if the plane is fixed.

Had the chance to test it again😉
Loaded the plane with real time and current date = the screens won't work, changed the date to 22nd December, the screens didn't work either.
Went to main menue and selected 22nd December = the screens worked back normal, changed the date to current date, the screens still worked.
So it seems realy as a work around tho load the plane with a date prior to 24th December. After the plane loaded, you can change the date to the current date.

Kind Regards

Patrick

• Like 2