MSFS crashes when loading a flight

borisvp

There it is again. The A310 crashes my sim when loading a flight. When loading it after having loaded the C172 before, it starts, but the flight guidance system gets messed up, so this seems not to be a solution here. So, what is it? Missing processor commands again, as apparently a year ago? When looking into the MSFS forum, I seem not to be the only one...

I'm on PC, Win11, AMD CPU and Nvidia GPU, no beta.

A solution is appreciated.

Thanks

Boris

Edited by borisvp

Hi,

I have the same problem and it is a real pity that the A310 is unusable in its current form. As soon as I hit "fly", halfway through the loading process I get a CTD with no apparent reason. Does not matter the airport, stock or not. You get that every time. Sometimes, to get the aircraft started, I disable the rolling cache and it loads but other than that, I haven't found any logical reason why it fails to load. I am using a freshly installed PC with an up-to-date MSFS so it cannot be blamed on third party add ons. Every other plane in MSFS works fine.

Please advise.

The more and more I look into this CDT, the more I come to the conclusion that it is somehow related to the rolling cache. If I get a CDT and next start I disable the rolling cache, the aircraft loads fine. After a PC restart, if I get the error, I do the opposite and enable the rolling cache. Weird.

Christian C.

Edited by cconesa

I've had a couple flights now, and with a trick I found elsewhere the flight started each time. 

I have the rolling cache disabled, but still hit "Delete". Then I turned Vsync off, saved that, turned it back on and saved again. This has something of a rain dance, but it worked for me 😄

Pity that none of the Inibuilds folks shows up here to support. But I suppose they're too busy counting the money from their A300 and Dubai sales...

• 2 weeks later...

The problem is related to DLSS

When I'm using DLAA, A310 crash to desktop during loading but if I use TAA instead, it's fine.

Once loading I revert back to DLAA and everything works perfectly 

Edited by proxima64

This also happens to me now. No chance to recover... 

- deleted and installed the A310
- tryed DLSS and TSAA
- deleted rolling cache

Nothing helps 

I know it was a free aircraft, but I'm a little bit disappointed that there is never a fix delivered as promissed. The A310 sounds was soooo great in the initial version.......  
Will the A310 be maintened in the future. I think it's  an a good example for many of us to decide if it makes sense to buy other iniBuilds airplanes. 

• 2 weeks later...

As I understood, the Problem again had something to do with WASM and iniBuilds already fixed it, but Asobo did not load the updatet file to their server until now. And it is always the same, the Dev´s of several Companys are doing a good job to solve Problems that where made by Asobo due to recommendations for the XBOX. After that their Aircraft work fine until Asobo has to play around again! It is impossible to have a solution for PC and XBOX. It will always cause problems. And since Asobo thinks the XBOX is the future, PC Users have to wait. 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've had it crash on me a few times when loading to an active runway with all the systems running.

Once I started loading cold&dark at the gates, it never crashed, so I'm guessing it has something to do with initial configuration and location?

I’m talking about PC right now.

Have done extensive check and the problem is frame generator (FG)

Loaded A310 with MSFS flight plan AND FG OFF ten times - 100% success

Loaded A310 with MSFS flight plan AND FG ON ten times - 100% CTD. (There’s a standard combination - loading ribbon is about 30%, music stops, CTD)

So the possible workaround is

1. Load MSFS and turn FG off

2. Load A310

3. Turn FG on

The plane is stable till the end of the flight.

Be noted. For forty-ninty snobs. You FG is always On by default. I’m not sure is it possible to switch it off in MSFS settings. Good luck.

P.S. I have a simple 60 Hz monitor. When I switch off FG, I turn on vsync and 50% of the monitor refresh rate.

If you have a sophisticated monitor with 144 Hz, free vsync etc. my trick may not work for you.

If it crashes on Xbox there is a conflict between frame rates and iniBuild gauges I believe

• 2 weeks later...

I came to the same conclusion as you, since I just upgraded my graphics card from a GTX1060 to a RTX4060 with FG and before the upgrade I didn't have any issues with the A310 and now started to have the reported issue. When I turn off the FG, the A310 loads fine every single time, whereas when the FG is on, it crashes every single time.