A310 FMC and AP frozen

Henrique Santos

Hello!

Love the A310, but have been unable to cross the Atlantic with it. Trying to do LPPD to KBOS or KJFK, but it has not been possible. 5 tries, 5 times that the systems and AP, "frozen’s", and the plane starts to go off from the route. For the first 3 times, was using Simbrief import, but last 2, only from msfs flight plan.

Every time, it happened after used the fmc.

On short routes from LPPT, didn´t have any problem.

Any possible suggestion?

Thank´s in advance
  • Like 2

Hello again!

For the first time, I was just checking the way points and on other, checking airports distancie. But I think its not Button specífic and maybe is related to the route,the flightplan and the FMC.

For the 2 first times,it Frozen on the same distance after a way point. On the others,i changed the flightplans,and then,it crashed on different distances.

On the 5 times,the way point didn't have a name , but something like 40n30w.

Hope it helps 

Edited by Henrique Santos
  • Like 1

Thank´s for the replie.

I use MSFS_AddonsLinker, so on the community folder, is only the basics for that flight.

Before post this new topic, I changed the flight and "passed" by the msfs flightplan, then without simbrif to try, and everything seemed ok, until near Canada (almost 4 hours in to the flight), when it "frozen". I am capable of clicking the buttons and triggering the overhead and illumination, however, the AP, center console, and fmc did not function. Not even clickable

For long, or near long haul, only on weekends, but I will give it a try as soon as I can.

But just to say: I already did the same flight more than once with the Headwind A330neo (LPPD to KBOS and KJFK - LPPT to KJFK). No problem at all.

With the A310 on the routes LPPD to LPPT, LPPT to LPMA or LPPS never had a problem

I will give feedback.

• 1 month later...

Hello again!

Didn't forget to give feedback, but work didn't give me a chance.

Well, today I tried again, and the same thing happened, at the same place.

But today I took pictures to show and also the flight plan. It's possible to see that the plane it's drifting to the right, but on the flight plan, it seems it is following it correctly. And altought the altitude seems correct, in fact it isn't. 

So, sorry for the delay, but hope this help

Captura de ecrã 2023-07-22 125318.png

Captura de ecrã 2023-07-22 125309.png

LPPDKJFK_MFS_22Jul23.pln

On 7/22/2023 at 2:12 PM, Henrique Santos said:

Hello again!

Didn't forget to give feedback, but work didn't give me a chance.

Well, today I tried again, and the same thing happened, at the same place.

But today I took pictures to show and also the flight plan. It's possible to see that the plane it's drifting to the right, but on the flight plan, it seems it is following it correctly. And altought the altitude seems correct, in fact it isn't. 

So, sorry for the delay, but hope this help

LPPDKJFK_MFS_22Jul23.pln 9.15 kB · 0 downloads

Mh.. are you doing anything in particular with the FMC in this case or is it really just crashing on itself?

• 2 weeks later...

Had the same issue some time ago - all systems froze at short final (something like 100ft agl) - at the time I wasn't meddling with anyhting MCDU or AP - related, if i recall correctly i was handflying. In that flight I haven't used sec-fpl at all. While landing i noticed all gauges freeze in an instant - i was able to land somehow but reversers didn't engage in any way. It was a flight from Edinbourgh to either Keflavik or Rejkjavik (can't remember in detail) - payware scenery. I was able to fly three or four flights of 4+ hours without hiccup and tghen this bug just happens out of the blue...

Edited by dzmitryrym

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay. Holidays ...

I use MSFS AddonLinker, so usually, only have active the necessary addons. In this situation, the A310, PF3, FSLTL, Aiflow, AIGround, rsFirstOfficer and the Kbos and Lppd sceneries.
I saw on Avsim that on the next update, we will have A310 updates. Hopefully, the problem will be solved by its on (with some luck) for me, since not many others have the problem.
Thanks for the time.

• 2 months later...

After not havning flown for more than 6 months I recently decided to take the dust off my simulation hardware and software and decided to try the A310. After a few local flights to get familiar with the aircraft I decided to go further and do a flight that my flag carrier used to operate back in the 1990s with the A310: LPPT-FPST. I have been having issues in both tries I did, more or less 1h-1h15 into the flight while trying to populate the SEC FPLN with the route to alternate (FPST-FOOL) and after selecting the STAR and approach to alternate.

On the first try, 2 days ago the FMC just froze after selecting the approach and STAR, today, same thing, but the FMC display text totally disappeared to an empty screen (but lit up).

All symptoms are the same as with Henrique, the author of this topic: only the backup ADI/artificial horizon is working correctly. The altimeter needle also works, buth the altitude numbers behind the needle keep static.