iniBuilds EFB Feedback

iniBuilds

• Administrators

Hey guys,

As we make more fantastic products for you all, we want to ask you for your feedback on our EFB's...

What do you like?
What do you not like?
What features would you like to see within them..

Many thanks

iniBuilds Aircraft team ❤️ 

Numbers entry (must have at least) virtual keypad. No sliders.

Simbrief and Navigraph integration

Performance/Take Off calcs

Plane states, options toggles

Hide/off clickspots

'markable' checklists

Edited by A.J.
  • Like 6
  • iniBuilds 1

Two things that mainly spring to mind and that i think would simplify the information a user would get during less demanding stages of the flight:

1 - A dedicated OFP tab where we can view the imported Simbrief Flight plan and get an easy access to weights, climbs, winds etc to put into the FMC. (and if possible prefferebly with the ability to mouse drag rather than scroll bars on the side, they're finnicky in VR aswell)

2 - A ''home'' page where it shows a summary of the Route and its length, the Fuel/Weights, Weather metar at the DEP and ARR  aswell as ALTN. When crusing in the flight in other planes i often leave it on a similar summary page that tells me a little bit of every information that i would want to know (kinda like the Airbus lower ECAM when its in cruise). Shouldnt make the other tabs redundant since those are used to actually plan the flight

• Like 1
  • iniBuilds 1

SimBrief integration and NAVIGRAPH charts integration would basically make it complete and are the only other features I want, I cleaner looking, thinner bezel iPad style EFB perhaps? A tad larger screen would be nice

• Like 1
  • iniBuilds 1

Here are my thoughts on the ini EFB's

I am going to compare the Last XP efb from the A300v2 to the Microsoft A310

Both EFB's have excellent ground handling pages that are easy to use and also great general weather pages.

However I think the MSFS A310 iteration falls flat with its performance calculator and weight & balance page. The XP efb had a great flow. Load sheet -> Set Weights -> Send to T.O Perf -> directs to T.O Perf Page -> complete T.O Performance. This was an excellent way to get a lot of the behind the cockpit work done. The T.O. Perf page itself was also incredibly intuitive. All the weights were set from the previous load sheet page and all the user had to do was set departure airport and pull metar. This is where I think the MSFS A310 is the most disappointing. Weights needed to be reentered, grab the metar (if the refresh metar feature didnt break, sometimes it lingers on old airports when full reset isnt pressed) and also runway data (length/heading) had to be entered manually or through a hidden autofill feature. Feel like this was a big fall compared to the XP user experience in that regard. 

The MSFS A310 UI itself is actually really good to look at and navigate, the front end did a really good job designing it. I just hope some of the backend design choices can take a page from the XP version. I will counter and say there could have been some limitations due to trying to make it compatible on serval different platforms but I hope with the coming A300F a lot of the features that made the XP version so good can be reimplemented in the future. Like weights being sent to other pages, perf sent to FMS, etc and I really look forward to the next EFB to come to the ini family!

Simbrief and Navigraph integration

Performance/Take Off calcs

Plane states

Number entry’s. Sliders are annoying

Volume controls like you had before in the a310 as getting sound correct with the MSFS sound options is difficult.

Edited by Andrew3007
  • Like 1

• Administrators

Thanks... the reason for those quick functions of sending between EFB and FMS is that in XP both FMS and EFB is written in the same programme. In MSFS its two different coders, and there are limitations in sending HTML requests to the WASM API... we will do what we can though, and trust me it would be great to get that automation back in! 

8 minutes ago, Skynut55 said:

Here are my thoughts on the ini EFB's

I am going to compare the Last XP efb from the A300v2 to the Microsoft A310

Both EFB's have excellent ground handling pages that are easy to use and also great general weather pages.

However I think the MSFS A310 iteration falls flat with its performance calculator and weight & balance page. The XP efb had a great flow. Load sheet -> Set Weights -> Send to T.O Perf -> directs to T.O Perf Page -> complete T.O Performance. This was an excellent way to get a lot of the behind the cockpit work done. The T.O. Perf page itself was also incredibly intuitive. All the weights were set from the previous load sheet page and all the user had to do was set departure airport and pull metar. This is where I think the MSFS A310 is the most disappointing. Weights needed to be reentered, grab the metar (if the refresh metar feature didnt break, sometimes it lingers on old airports when full reset isnt pressed) and also runway data (length/heading) had to be entered manually or through a hidden autofill feature. Feel like this was a big fall compared to the XP user experience in that regard. 

The MSFS A310 UI itself is actually really good to look at and navigate, the front end did a really good job designing it. I just hope some of the backend design choices can take a page from the XP version. I will counter and say there could have been some limitations due to trying to make it compatible on serval different platforms but I hope with the coming A300F a lot of the features that made the XP version so good can be reimplemented in the future. Like weights being sent to other pages, perf sent to FMS, etc and I really look forward to the next EFB to come to the ini family!

• Like 1

My VA only cares about ZFW, so entering pax manually and then fiddling with the cargo slider until the ZFW matches is a bit annoying. I would love to be able to enter the ZFW directly and it fills pax/cargo appropriately.

The runway heading on the performance page is based on a true heading. This heading is hard to verify, since the charts always depict magnetic runway heading. I would prefer if the runway heading was magnetic and the conversions magnetic/true would be done behind the scenes.

Ability to hide the EFB when not in use would be nice. Its so big and chunky otherwise.

Ability to enter fuel values via the EFB with the AN225 like the A310.

Ability to type numbers in on the AN225 like in the A310.

Simbrief import into the EFB for perf data.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, iniBuilds said:

Thanks... the reason for those quick functions of sending between EFB and FMS is that in XP both FMS and EFB is written in the same programme. In MSFS its two different coders, and there are limitations in sending HTML requests to the WASM API... we will do what we can though, and trust me it would be great to get that automation back in! 

Thanks for the reply! I heard something about why the automation wasn't there but definitely wanted to put my 2 cents in given the oppertunity.

Even if the EFB to FMS communication becomes too difficult, at minimum it would be really nice to have the EFB have communication from page to page within itself. This is so stuff like weights or weather data can be quickly sent to each other rather than re-entering data on a page by page basis. So if the FMS stuff does never come to fruition it would be really nice for the weights to be sent to the T.O. page along with entering manually entering the airport to be given the runways like the XP one did this can also make querying weather easier. Entering the numbers into the T.O. FMS page is no problem. having to do all the ZFW, CG, Runway Length, weather entries in the EFB can be a little redundant. 

• iniBuilds 1

Hello,

Thank you for asking. The things that would make my life easier are :

• Direct entry for ZFW, fuel, payoad... No more sliders please.
  • Take Off performance calculator, with ability to manualy enter the Take Off Runway Available for intesection departure. It could automatically use the full runway lengh, but we should be able to erase it to set reduced TORA.
  • Simbrief integration (route, payload, fuel)
  • For MSFS, give us back CPDLC and fpl init  😛 (not sure if it's the good place to ask this)

Florent

Edited by Flo
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Flo said:

Hello,

Thank you for asking. The things that would make my life easier are :

• Direct entry for ZFW, fuel, payoad... No more sliders please.
  • Take Off performance calculator, with ability to manualy enter the Take Off Runway Available for intesection departure. It could automatically use the full runway lengh, but we should be able to erase it to set reduced TORA.
  • Simbrief integration (route, payload, fuel)
  • For MSFS, give us back CPDLC and fpl init  😛 (not sure if it's the good place to ask this)

Florent

Ditto! The main thing I miss is Direct Entry! Sliders should be available but only for those who want/need it.

• Thanks 1

Hello. First of all i really love the mfs A310 but i really wish if u guys can change the camera angles examples like the MCDU, Center console, and Overhead console cuz everytime u have to either zoom in and out just reach something which made some of my flights tiring 

THX

Maybe have a less bulky EFB. IRL, the EFB is often a pilot's iPad / tablet that fits seamlessly into a mount (PIVOT case for example), usually with a charging cable. I really like the design used by Fenix and their EFB tablet, so something similar would be nice to see. 

342360110_475986188004059_3472101427771315126_n.jpg

I would like to see...

- More tactile feedback switching buttons, animations of buttons moving to reinforce your click

- Ability to import weights to takeoff perf page

- Ability to import weights and pax counts from simbrief into the weight page

- More centralized home screen with more color/names for each section

- The ground states should be integrated better, into another page instead of an annoying pop out menu

- I think navigraph charts integration is awesome, but even just weather/metar for arr/dep airports is helpful

The plane needs a lot of fixes on the Xbox, including fixing the problem of turning during flight and autopilot when opening the toolbar, putting an option to facilitate the process of transferring the direct flight route from the simulator to the plane without having to enter it manually for simple players who are not real pilots, fixing the autopilot, in addition More options to facilitate functions in the tablet

Hello friends,
I would be happy if the weights of the goods to be transported in the An-225 were correct. At the moment only "Generic Cargo" is correct. All others deviate greatly from their information or are not correctly added to the total mass of the aircraft. I wonder why no one had noticed until now. The "Boiler" for example, which weighs 140400kg, is not fully added to the total mass. Unlike when I load 140400kg as "Generic Cargo". See Appendix.
Best regards

Microsoft Flight Simulator Screenshot 2023.05.12 - 19.32.35.53.jpg

Microsoft Flight Simulator Screenshot 2023.05.12 - 19.33.15.62.jpg