Tailwheel steer

Marko93

Dear devs,

My last nagging post for today, I promise.

Isn't the 108 tailwheel free castering? The steering regardlessly is on sports-car level in the sim... don't know if that bird is cutting corners like this.

Many thanks for dou fast reaction to my previous ones!

46 minutes ago, Marko93 said:

Dear devs,

My last nagging post for today, I promise.

Isn't the 108 tailwheel free castering? The steering regardlessly is on sports-car level in the sim... don't know if that bird is cutting corners like this.

Many thanks for dou fast reaction to my previous ones!

Yes. its castering wheel with tailweel lock. 

From the (real) manual:

The aircraft is steered by differential toe brakes on the main wheels.  The tailwheel is fully castoring with no lock and is spring loaded.  The last part of the rudder pedal travel moves the tailwheel to a slight extent, providing some additional assistance in tight turns

Align the aircraft on the runway and roll forward a couple of metres to be sure that the tailwheel is straight.  Secure the tailwheel lock if one is installed.

Tail wheel lock works here, LShift+G.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

I also think the model oversteers during taxi, however I prefer this than too unresponsive ;). Fortunately, I have quite good and sensitive pedals (Virpil), so its enough that I operate them very gently during the taxi and make only small movements. During the take off run, it always has tailwheel lock and music is playing still 😄.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif