Cockpit lights

david_wi

14 minutes ago, david_wi said:

Hi Guys

Is there any switch for cabin/cockpit light?

Thanks, David

In model no, no any lights in interior. You can use flashlight of MSFS, however, the oryginal Taifun has illuminescent gauges, so something should light in the VC. By the way, I will check how it is in a real Bf-108 from the WW2 period. I was wondering that too.

• Thanks 1

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

About light.

The real Taifun (but also not all) has light of gauges in the place marked by green arrow (in the model we have Generator switch here).

OEwqdhU.jpg

F5ZQZLy.jpg

Some of Taifuns, had 2 small lamps, placed in sleeves on the sides (right and left near windows), something like a dome light. It was turnd on/off by switch (3th from the left) on this right side panel (marked as blue square). 

CkW1owx.jpg

JDM87Si.jpg

CcIs6Ea.jpg

I also came across a info about Taifun that had a light on the dome (top of the canopy), but I don't have that photo.

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

• 4 months later...

Currently, there is no cockpit lighting in the Bf 108 Taifun, which makes it hard to see anything other than the EFB at night. I would like to suggest a toggleable cockpit floodlight. It can be toggled via the EFB in the Settings page, and when toggled on, a knob somewhere in the cockpit can be used to adjust the brightness and turn it off. If it is toggled off in the EFB, the floodlight will not appear. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/15/2023 at 11:43 AM, gumbyger said:

I think the issue with this will be, that we wont have space for an additional switch in the switching board.

I'll put it on our feature request list though and we will see where it goes from there 🙂

Can we please get something in here?  It seems like a pretty big oversight to not include ANY night lighting other than the garish glowing EFB, transponder and radio.  Having to use the built in flash light seems like an easy copout.