Updating to 1.1.2 fails because of read-only scenery_config.json

jagheterjan

I just tried to update KLAX from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 via the IniManager and the install repeatedly failed with a red box stating scenery_config.json could not be handled or something to the effect once all files were copied. When I went to check the installation folder KLAX resides in I found the file to be present, but flagged read-only in the file properties. After manually changing the flag and restarting the installation process, all went through without a problem.
Maybe some of you get the same error and appreciate the workaround.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, NAT1645 said:

I had the same issue, I just uninstalled the whole scenery and reinstalled it. Had no issues with that.

Thanks for the suggestion. I was getting an error when trying to update. So much for using the update option. 

Screenshot_3.png

Same problem here, I also noticed that the GSX profile (with the wrong BGL file name in it) from the previous version wasn't replaced but an additional version "KLAX-by_6r8.ini" was added to the folder.

uninstall and re-install fixed the problem though.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, coder_dan said:

Hey!

Are you using anything to manage the sceneries such as Addon Linker that may be changing the files attributes.

It will also be investigated for the next iniManager update.

Thanks 🙂

There was no software involved other than MSFS and IniManager in my case.

9 hours ago, BrianT said:

Same problem here, I also noticed that the GSX profile (with the wrong BGL file name in it) from the previous version wasn't replaced but an additional version "KLAX-by_6r8.ini" was added to the folder.

Well, the update just changes some erroneous SD texture usage, so my question is: was the GSX profile updated at all this time? I guess not...

I had the same error, but after I installed the ini manager v 2.1.1 it worked fine. The update to the ini manager from inside the app never happened, but a manual download got me the latest version.

Update to LAX worked, however I cannot select HD or SD textures. Neither button works.

Also I have the same issue for EGLL. Texture buttons are not clickable.

Denis