Poor performance is still a problem on patch 1.29.30.0

bravo77whiskey

I have installed the patch 1.29.30.0 and updated the A310 via the content manager but unfortunately performance has improved by only around 2fps for me. Here is a video comparing it to other two demanding aircraft. As you can see I get around 10fps less in the A310 than in the Fenix A320 and PMDG 737. I remember the PMDG DC6 having a similar issue but can't remember if they fixed it. Could they be related? Maybe not. Anyway, I hope that optimizations can be found that work across the board. I can't wait to fly this plane regularly. Good luck. 

I wonder if the original install issue was solved as i never had that long wait at first install and i am still missing the files in the install directory as many others with poor performance. Performance here is below par (way lower then fenix) and on a descent system, barely flyable (20 fps) in Europe with payware sceneries like EBBR.

Performance is still something we are working to improve. The .dll files not being present, and a fast load time are expected. We initially thought it might've been an issue; but after further investigation with Asobo it turns out it wasn't. For reference; I get + 10/15 fps compared to the Fenix, and +/- 2 fps to the PMDG in the same scenario. A lot of others are also reporting higher frame rates so whatever is causing these issues for you guys is obviously something else. As I say, we're continually looking into it. 

• Like 1

Not sure of relevance but *on my system* I encounter recurring but (seemingly) randomly triggered fps drops on various planes whenever I run DX12 rendering. Usually it's ok, but for example if I run GSX then my fps can drop by 50%. It is a real PITA - I want DX12 so I can pop out instruments with no frame hit but the in itself it can cause drops if something startles it.... 

Ignoring all this - my experience is close to @lowpolybuttBest performer is 737, 310 lower but great imo and Fenix which is always bringing up the rear (even then usable).

I really hope you guys can find the problem, is unflyable for me; just some numbers, A310, Flytampa YSSY no traffic (FSLTL) 25 fps - Pmdg same scenario 40 fps - Traffic on A310, 15-19 fps - Pmdg  32-37 fps, yes you can argue that I can fly with no traffic and 25 fps but that's not the expected performance with my hardware nor the way I want to fly and also, that's not the result that I'm having with any other aircraft on the Sim, if not resolved I doubt that I'll be getting the future A300

Believe INI has only went through 1 round of performance optimization so far even though it sounded there was like 2-3 different beta release before public release. Generally this update gave me more fps but its only by about 5fps on ground and 10 fps during cruise while other paywares like PMDG and Fenix are about 10-15fps higher. We will have to wait again for their next beta release to see if any more optimization is rolled out to beta users.

Regarding the empty package folder INI has mention on discord that asobo WASM encryption does not require any leftover dll files.

Even with RTX2070S i have resorted to flying this aircraft offline without traffic and on 1080p high end settings. Going for 4k ultra with multiplayer turned on is gonna put the fps within the 20s for me. So take note.

Edited by chinjh