Everything posted by ZugFly
-
Very bizarre: airstreams around airplane and engines are neon-coloured
you would have to look at the picture as I am afraid my words will only very inadequately describe the problem: from the moment of engine start onwards i have a phenomenon where air streams around the engine are brightly-neon coloured. As I increase speed they wander a bit aft, but remain visible. What is this?? What can I do? I have already tried switching off all aircraft lights, but that did not make any chance.
-
A350 travels backwards in time... how is this possible??
Update: I now understand what triggered this situation. There was some turbulence and the AP switched off, I manually brought the plane back on its lateral and especially its vertical trajectory, it had lost around 1000-1200 feet. I presume that had put it in DES mode - at least when I checked the PERF page it showed DES in green. Which then probably also explains why the TOD no longer showed. I fixed that by setting a higher cruise altitude, the plane went back into CRZ mode and the TOD shows again. Still, the time calculations shouldn’t show what they showed. There is no way a plane can just jump back one hour or more. In fact, as I flew further (still in DES mode, without knowing) the ETA was pushed out further, but still with that “time jump” in the FPL. That looks like a bug.
-
A350 travels backwards in time... how is this possible??
Flight LFPG-SKBO. All well, ETA at 21h18 UTC. Then suddenly over the Caribbean, things become funny. Arrival more than one hour earlier, which isn't possible given the distance. On FPL I see the following times. Also, the TOD point between KIKAS and DOPLO has disappeared, although the correct lower altitides show. I haven't palyed with anything in time display, it's all UTC.
-
Showing ETOPS alternate airports on the ND?
I have programmed my FMS with the various ETOPS alternates., ETOPS Entry Point, ETOPS Exit Point, and ETPs (which I regularly update in-flight). I was hoping to have an indication on the ND that shows the direction and distance to the closest ETOPS alternate when that is outside the display range of the ND. How can I do that? Thanks