ATC Problems

Sirraj

I'm really enjoying flying the inibulids A310, it's a great addition to MS Flight Sim. However, I'm having a lot of trouble with sounds related to ATC. ATC messages are often incomplete or truncated. I can't hear my responses to ATC. ATC can usually be heard but occasionally quits speaking part way through a flight. The ATIS stutters or repeats the first few words over and over. Ryzen 7 7700x, Radeon RX 6800XT, 32 GB RAM. Microsoft Store version 1.29.30.0.

Thank you,

Sirraj

ATC Problems are a bit weird for us - we get reports that it´s not working for some people but none of our testers can replicate it.

Please make sure, that you have these settings set accordingly:

image.png

image.png

image.png

Note: The red circled items actually need to be set to ON

Also make sure, that the volume knob is turned fully on in the aircraft itself. Please let me know, if this fixed your problem 🙂

The only setting I didn't have set as you suggested was "AI Radio Communications (ATC), it was set to OFF. When I turned it on, I received my ATC clearance immediately even before I power on the aircraft. Otherwise, nothing else has changed. This only happens with the A310, ATC works correctly when flying the PMDG 737 and the Fly-By-Wire A320. Your A310 is really great but without ATC it is unusable for me, I will go back to flying those other airliners and hope you can fix this in the future.

Thank you for your quick response, 

Sirraj

This bug is extremely easy to replicate. With the settings above, you simply log into a flight, and it is replicated. To further clarify the settings. Have AI Traffic to live. Have ground aircraft at 30. in assistance, have taxi ribbons on, ATC voices on, AI Communicates to ATC on (or off doesn't matter).........ATC text on, and when selecting ATIS, it stutters not being able to complete the fist sentence. Using the request clearance yield instant text and response. Afterwards, you no longer hear the pilot if communicating yourself, or if the co-pilot is communicating (AI), you do not hear ATC. ATC interrupts itself when talking to AI. It is a complete mess.

This is with VHF1 on and the knob under it pulled and set max volume.

I noticed, if you turn VHF2 on and pull that knob, then turn VHF2 off, and turn it back on for channel 1, then turn off the 2nd channel knob, and turn back on the 1st channel 1 knob ATC might talk normal but you lose all options to select responses yourself in the ATC window. 

any airport. Very very easy to replicate, just use MFS livetraffic, oh and not using generic models. I have AIG installed but not using their controller.

• 2 weeks later...

...same problem for me as Sirraj has! ATC works normal in every other airplane, only the (apart from this problem wonderfull!!!) A310 has the "stutter problem: you choose "ATIS"... and the stuttering begins... the you choose "clearance delivery"... and during your ask for clearance, the controller is already done with his answer (you hear your own question and simultaneously the clearing answer) and at the end of your question the controller already asks you, if you didn't understand. The  ATC contacts to the other airplanes are only "brokenly" to hear... sometimes I think, the ATC- simulation in the A310 is "to fast"... but I don't know if there is a possibility in programming to modify this... I hope that you cand solve the problem... without ATC the immersion of MSFS is not so good... thx for your help! Henning

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...