COM radios: switching between active and standby frequencies

FlyingFox

For online flying it is important to be able to switch frequencies in a rather efficient way. The therefore have defined one switch button on my yoke to swap frequencies on COM1 between the active and the STBY frequency. This works on all other aircraft, but the A310. The way that the COM-radios are coded this cannot be done. Is there a variable that can be used for this purpose? Or can you modify the code of the COM-radios to allow for this function to work properly?

Heya!

I didn´t find anything to switch the TFR switch itself, but there is a control option from the sim itself with witch you can set the STBY frequency to the active one, giving you basically the same functionality.

image.thumb.png.cc5ae29efcabbce8b5c1a944de0368f9.png

There are two COM1 Swap options, for me it was the second one - currently bound to Joystick Button 3.

Hope this helps 🙂

4 hours ago, gumbyger said:

For me it looks something like this

Yes, yesterday I chose exactly that one and it did not work, it showed the same behaviour as with the COM1 SWAP variable above it. Now, after restarting MSFS, it suddenly does work! MSFS and its secrets... case closed. Is this already part of the FAQ? It may be worth adding it, if not.

• Like 1