PACKS do not come on after APU Bleed ON

HawkEye22

Hi,

I followed the IniBuild "Return to Airliner part 1" video.
And after the APU has started up and I turn on the APU Bleed for the PACKS, the APU line goes green, the selector does it's thing, but the PACKS do not come on.
I then tried to re-install the Enhanced pack again, then it worked! I was able to complete the tutorial.

However, today I had the same issue. I tried re-installing the base and enhanced pack, but unfortunately.. the issue remains.

8 hours ago, Cammac said:

Hi, 

Thanks for your post did you have your ASU selected on the EFB from the ground options page. If so that might have caused this. 

This did the trick!! Thank you!!
But can you explain why the packs don't come on, when the ASU is connected? I'd like to expand my, still very limited, Airbus knowledge! 😉

Thanks!!

Hi,

The Air Start Unit purpose is to start the engine by providing pressurized air. It is not intented to to provide "clean air" for the air conditioning system, same for Boeing aircraft btw. Like the common air compressor found in garage the air coming out smells bad because it is contamined by the oil which lubricates the compressor.

Air conditioning on ground can be provided by the APU (very noisy) if running but also by preconditioned air unit (less noisy but still noisy ^^), you can easily recognized them with their big yellow pipes coming out.

Hope it helps

Edited by Yourakk
  • Like 1

• JoshF locked this topic