SEC F-PLN causes complete system lockup

fsgeek91

Hi eveyone,

When selecting SEC F-PLN in the FMS, after attemping to enter a waypoint in my second flightplan, the FMS and all aircraft systems freeeze. Although knobs and buttons are selectable as usual, they have no effect (windows, displays and guages are frozen in place). The FMS itself also becomes completely unresponsive.

I've noticed a few posts here already about the FMS causing similar issues. Right now I don't know if it's reproducible because it only just happened.

Regards,

Louis

Thanks very much for reporting this! I know what I’m doing is nonsense 🙃 This was actually discovered after copying the existing route and selecting a waypoint, but I found that this simpler method is reproducible and not route-specific.

Thanks!

• Like 1

(Copy from other thread)
I had something similar happening after an entry in the FMC, all controls (knobs, dials, gauges etc.) became unresponsive (i.e. they turned, but nothing changed).
What I did was entering a bearing/distance waypoint in the FPLN page, then deleting it with CLR, then deleting the disco. After that it locked up. All during cruise by the way.

2 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

(Copy from other thread)
I had something similar happening after an entry in the FMC, all controls (knobs, dials, gauges etc.) became unresponsive (i.e. they turned, but nothing changed).
What I did was entering a bearing/distance waypoint in the FPLN page, then deleting it with CLR, then deleting the disco. After that it locked up. All during cruise by the way.

Heya,

can´t reproduce this unfortunately. It might has something to do with double clicking the FMC, which other people reported.