FMC freeze

e4rthdog

Hi!

The route is LGRP->LGSM and i can import it ok from simbrief.

When i try to input the destination STAR and Approach in FMC i get strange results.

1. No insert* button, only return
  2. If i try to return and enter it again, then at some point both FMCs are freezing and i cant use them.

LGSM/09 has approaches that are not runway specific (maybe that is the issue)

Also another thing happened and i don't know if it is related so i report it here.

LGSM has a VOR A approach using VOR 111.6 CRS 358. I tuned the VOR and CRS by using the VOR switch and pressed V/L button...i was on an intercepting heading but when it tries to capture it went the other way, like it was going to capture the radial and not the CRS.

I concur. The freeze happened for e when trying to enter the STAR for Kai Tak. No response to button inputs. Everything else on the aircraft working fine. I confirm I had set up the CDU in the correct sequence as per the FCOM

• Like 1

6 hours ago, e4rthdog said:

Hi!

The route is LGRP->LGSM and i can import it ok from simbrief.

When i try to input the destination STAR and Approach in FMC i get strange results.

1. No insert* button, only return
  2. If i try to return and enter it again, then at some point both FMCs are freezing and i cant use them.

LGSM/09 has approaches that are not runway specific (maybe that is the issue)

Heya, for the VOR approach, you´ll need to select "NONE" under STARS to get the *INSERT prompt.

I did however see, that the approaches are both labelled with VORA00, I forwarded this to our team 🙂

• Like 1