Vars not working

storemaster

I'm using them via Spad Next so they do seem to work with that. I'm working my way through functions *very* slowly - it's a bit of an art finding LVARS as some seem to show in Spads' debug mode and others only in FS2020 dev mode which is weird as they are all prefixed a310_... 

The one I'm stuck on atm is the gear lever control - I have the up/down mapped fine on my HC bravo with the standard MS commands but cannot fine the one to let me centre the lever in the un-pressurised position.

I'm hoping @xDennis0811 publishes the comprehensive list he mentioned a couple of days ago soon. I did d/l a streamdeck profile from .to but I'm not sure if that's readable in notepad or not yet. Failing that I just have to hope Les O'Reilly does a full spad profile - his 737-n00 one was awesome and covered every function in that...

3 hours ago, ScottOrange said:

The values I posted are for using the FS2020 SDK directly via SimConnect, not through any third-party software. They are the values that the actual aircraft is using.

Ok, fair enough. So, now, how do I bind them to my Honeycomb Alpha Yoke and other peripherals? Obviously they cannot be chosen from the standard MSFS controls setup.

FSUIPC user here.  From what I can see so far, the A310 uses roughly 2500 LVARs.  At least this is what I get out of FSUIPC when I ask for an LVAR list.  Many are prefaced with 'A310_' as was noted above, while others begin with 'A300_' or 'A300DR_'.  There also seem to be specific outputs (read only, I assume) that simply begin with an underscore.

The MobiFlight site (https://hubhop.mobiflight.com/presets/) has about 350 presets defined (so far), and these are very useful when assigning buttons and keys directly from the FSUIPC dialog using the presets dropdown.  Note, however, that the FSUIPC preset list is only updated when John drops a new build, so if you want the latest and greatest, use the 'Export presets' button at the bottom of the MobiFlight window and drop the resulting 'events.txt' file into your FSUIPC directory.

External lights are listed by their preset name, not the LVAR actually used by the airplane, so you'll find them listed as 'A310 Ovhd Extlt <light>'.  The FSUIPC dialog would look something like this:

1703802834_A310dialogsmall.png.c81d8a648a9d9b777c1961f4a713fa34.png

There are presets for the landing gear lever as well, 'A310 Landing Gear Lever <Down/Mid/Up>'.  The actual LVAR used for this preset is 'A310_GEAR_HANDLE_STATUS' with values 0, 1, and 2 for UP, MID, and DOWN.  There is also an 'A310_GEAR_HANDLE_STATUS_ANIMATION' LVAR.  Perhaps I need this to sync the handle animation in the virtual cockpit.  Haven't gotten that far yet... 🙂

For the (many) other items that require multiple actions, conditionals, or delays, I use Lua scripts. Still working on that for the A310.

Hope that's helpful.

• Like 2

Yessssssssssssss. I also got my hands on MobiFlight now and with the help of friends we made it work! Interestingly we were only able to use A310-vars that we got with the latest update of MobiFlight. Implementing our own Lvars did not work as expected, but we may have made something wrong. I got all the light switches working now, phew!

And I will also update FSUIPC to the latest version that covers the A310-variables.

Edited by FlyingFox

53 minutes ago, ArtAir said:

Hello guys,

Have you tried to use 7 segment displays for output HDG, ALT, SPD, V/S data? Is it work?

Regards

I had setup only EFIS for now.

The LVAR is :

- (A:KOHLSMAN SETTING HG, Number) 100 / near for HG 

- (A:KOHLSMAN SETTING HG, Number) 33.866 / near for Hpa

• Like 1

I actually just use my TCA config I use for the Fenix start toggles mapped in the MS controls section. The 3 position I mapped in Spad with start/off/cont which works nicely. When I complete my current flight - either with a CTD or landing in a couple of hours I'll check config and update here.