Any xplane A310 owners who also own MSFS2020 feeling like you've been ripped off?

nimsu87

Any xplane A310 owners who also own MSFS2020 feeling like you've been ripped off? ​​​​​​​  

35 members have voted

1. 1. I bought the A310 on X-plane before I knew it would be given away to everyone who owns MSFS2020, which I own too. If any of you are in the same situation as me, what do you feel? This is for people who paid money for the A310/A300

• Happy with INIBuild partnership with MSFS.
    • Unhappy with the MSFS partnership making the A310 freeware on the platform
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/01/23 at 12:00 AM

Any xplane A310 owners who also own MSFS2020 feeling like you've been ripped off?
I certainly do. Now it's available to everyone without paying a penny; what is my motivation to waste more money on INIsoftware when I can just wait and play it for free on MSFS. The worst thing is that I've wasted another few hundreds of pounds on the updates which will be given away for free. A great way to treat your early customers! 

NJ

• Haha 1

No, while I don't fly MSFS, it was a fair deal even if they make A310 free now for XP11/12, like Felis Tu154 did.

But I do hope they put more time to fix few bugs here and there right now in XP version.

Edited by Umi Akai
  • Like 2

Its free for end users but you're making it sound like iniBuilds just gave this out for free, that is very incorrect and misleading, Microsoft paid for it to juice up MSFS.

If Laminar Research pays them it'll be "free" on X-Plane too, but that's very unlikely to happen.

• Like 6

• Administrators

We are all 1 community at the end of the day. By Microsoft allowing such a plane to come for free, we are thankful that more people get to experience complex planes (the barrier of payment removed), and allow more people overall to enjoy our hobby. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I reflected on this and firstly to reply to aseinsha who said I'm misleading people is nonsense, the fact that Microsoft paid for the use of the plane is completely irrelevant, as it is free for the end user. I bought MSFS2020 the week it was released, and I'm not paying more to have this plane in my virtual hangar. I did pay nearly 100 pounds to have it in my X-plane hangar though.

That aside, I was thinking how 11 year old me in 1999 would feel having such a complex plane in my FS98 library! The only thing that keeps me positive about this is that young adults or people without the means to pay the full price for whatever reason have a chance to use this; I think I've just talked myself out of my own argument.

The only thing I would like to say though is that unless you've spent your hard earned money on the x-plane version, you don't really have much, well no right really, to give your opinion. This thread was made for INI customers who have the x-plane version.

Also INI thanks for not just deleting my thread, it's good to see what other people think. and I know you've been paid a lot of money for this, I'm realising this isn't bad, and I hope it helps your team to make even more great realistic planes! 

You are very selfish.

On 11/11/2022 at 8:24 PM, nimsu87 said:

I certainly do. Now it's available to everyone without paying a penny; what is my motivation to waste more money on INIsoftware when I can just wait and play it for free on MSFS. The worst thing is that I've wasted another few hundreds of pounds on the updates which will be given away for free. A great way to treat your early customers! 

NJ

• Like 1

Now, with XP11 almost in the past, and XP12 is already hear (as EA), I personally feel sad I won't be able to fly Beluga and A310 in XP12. So, yes, this particular situation does make me feel like I was ripped off. I would pay a small fee to buy an upgrade for these planes to fly them in XP12 (like ToLiss did). Others though upgraded their planes to XP12 compatible for free (Felis 747, Rotate MD-11, FF 757/767, Aerobask, etc.). This makes me think it is possible for iniBuilds to make their planes XP12 compatible as well.

Edited by V_Sky
  • Like 1

How much money have you all spent on ini aircraft? The ones telling me it's 'tough s***' I own all of their A310/A300/Beluga addons. So I've spent a substantial amount of money on the software. I already replied, so if you'd bothered to read my reply to the mod's response you'd not have the need to reply. I wanted to delete this after reading the responses but I won't. I am happy it has been released for free after some thought as I explained above. But unless you have spent hundreds of dollars/euros/pounds on ini products like me, your opinion means nothing. I was not asking anyone on here who spent 20 quid on ini scenery. 

Also Ahmed Saleh; nothing you've written to me makes any sense. I own every single current flight sim platform available to the public, including airline tools, aerowinx, and elite etc etc. The only one I don't own is prosim,e so please keep your opinion to yourself.

On 11/12/2022 at 8:21 PM, nimsu87 said:

the fact that Microsoft paid for the use of the plane is completely irrelevant

Errm, no. Not completely irrelevant. In fact it is the focal point here.

Inibuilds is not offering this model to anyone. MS/Asobo decided to pay for it and offer it as a free upgrade. So it would be more logical to take your nonsensical rant to their forums. Or, as an alternative, go over to the X-Plane forums and complain to the developer why you haven't been offered any payware by them as a loyal customer, such is your childish logic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nimsu87 said:

Also Ahmed Saleh; nothing you've written to me makes any sense. I own every single current flight sim platform available to the public, including airline tools, aerowinx, and elite etc etc. The only one I don't own is prosim,e so please keep your opinion to yourself.

Not exactly decent. You just lost our time reading your nonsense mate.  Let us keep the forum for what it's meant.

2 hours ago, nimsu87 said:

How much money have you all spent on ini aircraft? The ones telling me it's 'tough s***' I own all of their A310/A300/Beluga addons. So I've spent a substantial amount of money on the software. I already replied, so if you'd bothered to read my reply to the mod's response you'd not have the need to reply. I wanted to delete this after reading the responses but I won't. I am happy it has been released for free after some thought as I explained above. But unless you have spent hundreds of dollars/euros/pounds on ini products like me, your opinion means nothing. I was not asking anyone on here who spent 20 quid on ini scenery. 

It's a totally different platform. I own PMDG products on every platform available  and  I also own the 737 (-700/800) in FS2020. I will purchase the 777 when its released on FS2020. I won't feel cheated if PMDG did the same as INI or any other vendor.  However that feeling is subjective I see. 

GentleGroove; It might be your focal point but it wasn't mine. This poll was for people who have spent their hard earned money buying all of the ini A300/A310 software. Which costs at least 200GBP. Are you a teenager GentleG? Have you spent any of your own money purchasing inibuild airbus models on X-plane 11? No I doubt you have. As for Ahmed, Your first reply was nonsense and I still don't know what point you were making...

ROMAN78 hi Roman, I have all of the PMDG models on p3d and all of the 737 PMDG versions on FS as well as the leonardo. I wouldn't feel cheated if PMDG did it, if they actually told their customers the benefits of doing this etc. I guess  that I spent money on a small devs product who have monetised from their success by their sales figures; with no indication of what will happen to the original customers who bought the x-plane product. How long will it be supported for? How long before all resources are switched from us idiots who bought the xplane version are updated on FS2020 only etc I am sick of trying to explain my point and getting nonsense replies. I'm not reading this thread again.

• Haha 1