EGLL's VGDS not working on my system

DMullert

Hello Team!

I have not been successful at getting VGDS to work on my EGLL; I do not see it active on any of my gates in spite of having it installed as per instructions.  Any ideas what may be wrong?  Maybe is user-error as in forgetting to do something to activate it???  Any tips are appreciated.

Dennis

Hey Sam.  Thanks for your reply.

This is happening with various aircraft I have tried such as:

A330-900

FBW A320NX

LVFR A321's

It happens in every terminal - I have yet to see my first VGDS work.  Is there a particular radio frequency maybe, or a particular aircraft state that should be active that maybe I've missed?  I'm at a loss.

Thanks for any help!

Dennis

9 minutes ago, Sam said:

Hi Dennis,

Thanks for providing that information! No, the VDGS should just activate when you turn onto the stand. Could you confirm that you've run the separate VDGS installer?

Hey Sam.  Yes, the separate VGDS installer has been run.  One question I have.........when I spawn at a gate and my aircraft is turned off, should I still see the VGDS active or does it only activate when I turn into a stand?

Thanks again!

One recommendation on the VDGS system is to make the characters look more visible.  In real life, the VGDS is bright and clear.  This one seems to have some sort of a dark amber color that is hard to see from a distance.  Maybe a more yellow color might be better.  Food for thought!!

• Administrators

Hi Dennis,

Glad to hear - that is correct, the VDGS only displays parking data, so the display will not show anything when the aircraft is off and parked on stand.

I'll pass your suggestion onto our team.

Sam Wheeler
Senior Management | iniBuilds
inibuilds.com

• Sam locked this topic