Monday at 09:30 PM5 days So it is nice that you’ve implemented the METOTS logic into the sim. However, there are still some inaccuracies in the way it currently works.The main issue is that the iniBuilds A380s METOTS logic appears to apply a thrust limitation without taking the target N1 into account. On the real aircraft, this limitation should only apply when the target N1 exceeds 78%.In all other cases, the engines should spool directly to the commanded takeoff thrust, without being held at an intermediate N1 value before reaching the target.For example, in the current iniBuilds A380, if the target N1 is 73% during take-off, the engines remain at approximately 68% until reaching 35 knots, before spooling up to the target thrust. This does not appear to reflect the correct METOTS logic.I’ll attach a couple of photos and videos of the real aircraft for comparison.SIM: During takeoff, Stuck on 70.5 N1 Until 35kts, and then spolled to 72%. (Incorrect Logic) IRL, Non METOTS takeoff: https://youtu.be/pHui34_ODnc?si=Lr03VQaoLh9DwGfn&t=13IRL, Correct logic of METOTS Takeoff: https://youtu.be/7pX9hxn-cmE?si=xrmIlb2I1sst3Otm&t=770
Monday at 10:03 PM5 days Staff Hi,Thank you for the very detailed report! I have logged this for the team to review.We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback.Thanks again! Kyle - Community Manager iniBuilds Ltd. | inibuilds.com
1 hour ago1 hr Author Departed today from WSSS to EGLLwith a TOW of 531 tons.for runway 20C, the calculated takeoff performance was only around 78-79% during the takeoff roll. Which seems quite unlikely and unrealistic considering the aircraft almost hit was very close to its MTOW.I also noticed an issue with the speed calculations. During takeoff, Vr speed being reached very late down the runway, if had rotated another 100-150 meters later, the aircraft would have run off the runway and ended up in the grass.I think there is issue with the takeoff performance calculations and with the engines themselves. I’ll attach a video of the takeoff later this day.
Create an account or sign in to comment