iniManager / A300 v2 Download Issues

Sam

• Administrators

Hello all,

Just to give everyone an overview of what happened regarding the iniManager issues this morning and to remain transparent.

The iniManager pulls a ton of new data from our servers every 5 seconds (new orders, products, changelogs, updates, etc.) This is requested in the background to ensure you're seeing the latest data on your app.

When the update was pushed, the number of users actively using the app significantly increased. This, combined with new users installing the iniManager for the first time, (which requests even more data: order history, etc.) caused the refresh API to become overloaded and slow down the entire app.

As a result, we've lowered the refresh time so requests are sent at a slower interval for the time being. This means it may take a little longer ( a few minutes) for new orders to show up if you have the app open while placing the order.

However, you can get around this by simply restarting the app or logging out and logging back in and it'll pull a fresh set of data instantly.

Rest assured we'll be doing a full review of what happened and pushing additional fixes that will prevent this issue from happening again.

We're already wrapping up work on the next version of the app, v1.04 which will bring with it liveries, product auto-detection, and multiple bug fixes for custom installation locations.

Thanks again for your patience and understanding, we greatly appreciate it.

• Like 1

Sam Wheeler
Senior Management | iniBuilds
inibuilds.com

Edit:

So deleted the Avitab.json file again, reloaded the sim and the ini tab reappeared, but now does not seem to have click spots active when the sim is running. Only when pausing the sim do menus become selectable, however without any effect as to what was selected. It seems to be hanging. The Aircraft was updated via the current iniManager tool.

Enter does not have any effect on my selection at all. I had to re-download my products I purchased. The Activation however failed because the activation count apparently was exceeded. I wasted an entire day to get it to work. This is really disappointing.

Edited by 728Jet

Edit:

Finally got it to work. I was able to get the freighter version working before the activations were depleted. The Pax version still needs to be activated for which I am requiring a reset of the activations.

How can I effect a reset of the counter? Do I have to open a ticket for that?

Edited by 728Jet

Edit:

The next day: I was a little premature when I wrote the freighter works. The problem persists. The efb tablet cannot be accessed and nothing can be selected. In sim pause mode it is possible to flick through the efb tablet pages but nothing can be selected, at least not with any effect after unpausing the sim.

Also I noticed the FPS have dropped to a horrible 10 count with interiror forward 3d cockpit vision.

• iniBuilds locked this topic
  • mattY unfeatured and unpinned this topic