GPWS Terrain Warning->Whats the reason

xpwins

1 hour ago, Jehudale said:

It usually goes on by itself when the apporach is to steep, mostly preceeded by a "caution terrain" warning. Does not happen on 3 degrees approaches when no terrain collision may occur.

Thank you, but it didnt help. Tried an Autoland. With IAS=160 kt, Flaps Full, Descent Rate 800-1000ft/m still get this warning. Any idea how to disable this warning. Or maybe I was too fast? Anyway, if someone has an idea how to disable it, that would be great 🙂

800-1000 ft/min at the final or the whole approach?  Maybe it is also triggered when to fast, i only know it from steep appraoches or cominh in to steep on manual approach. BTW 160 knots with full flaps sounds wrong to me, even when fully loaded. The highest approach speed I got in the past was about 146 or 148 with full load. Maybe that is the reason.

Edited by Jehudale

32 minutes ago, Jehudale said:

800-1000 ft/min at the final or the whole approach?  Maybe it is also triggered when to fast, i only know it from steep appraoches or cominh in to steep on manual approach. BTW 160 knots with full flaps sounds wrong to me, even when fully loaded. The highest approach speed I got in the past was about 146 or 148 with full load. Maybe that is the reason.

Got it, thank you. It is triggered when IAS>160kt. Yeah I like heavy fast approches 😉 LW was around 160T. Way to heavy for this bird. Max LW is 140T. 

• 2 weeks later...

Below 1000ft AGL the "too low" terrain warning will sound whenever your IAS is at or faster than 160kts, it will continuously sound regardless of whether you are properly configured for landing in Flaps 30/40 or Flaps 15/20. I'm not so sure about a workaround but try avoiding Flaps 15/20 if your Vapp is just shy of 160kts IAS or try landing at a lower GW.