Resolved: Crash due to iniSimulations SASL - Ongoing thread

Teddy88

• Administrators

Hi @Teddy88,

Sorry for the long wait.

There definitely isn't any indication of a crash in the log.

Does a macOS error reporting window show after the crash where you can export the macOS event dump of the crash?

If so, that would be very useful.

If not, try removing all of your own installed thrid-party plugins and all the plug-ins from the aircraft folder except the SASL plug-in.

Cheers.

Max
iniBuilds | Management - Art Director
inibuilds.com

• 3 months later...

Hello guys.

I have the same issues with the A300 as well as the A310.

X-Plane crashes after activation of the aircraft while loading. The crash happens when XP says "Done with pre-loading".

Does anyone have infos on the cause of the crash? is there a specific plugin thats responsible?

Kind regards

Same here. I have disabled all plugins and sceneries. The aircraft loads for activation, after that it won't load again. Tried that for all variants, same thing. Good until activation (which was successful), failed afterwards.

log.txt says 

--=={This application has crashed because of the plugin: iniSimulations A310 (SASL)}==--

Any other plane works fine. Any idea?

Log.txt

btw: the attached log.txt was generated when I had some scenery reactivated

Edited by JarlVarg
explain scenery

On 12/23/2021 at 8:53 AM, JarlVarg said:

Same here. I have disabled all plugins and sceneries. The aircraft loads for activation, after that it won't load again. Tried that for all variants, same thing. Good until activation (which was successful), failed afterwards.

log.txt says 

--=={This application has crashed because of the plugin: iniSimulations A310 (SASL)}==--

Log.txt 96.66 kB · 1 download

Same here. Deactivated every Plugin and every Scenerie. Will try a second, clean install of X-Plane.

1 hour ago, Ubaid said:

Yes please, thanks! 

Ok guys. The A300 works on a clean install and with all my plugins. I'll now copy custom mesh an ortho. It's definetly an issue with one of the sceneries. Do you guys have any information wich addon scenerie can cause a SASL crash? Maybe an issue with one of the freeware libraries?

1 hour ago, Ubaid said:

Nope that is the issue sadly... could be any of the scenery / ortho you have. Let me know if you find the one though as it will help other users! We've asked others before, but they didn't tell us. 

Hi Ubaid,

so I got everything to work as intended. I can't tell which scenerie caused the problem but I would like to explain which ones I removed. So I removed every freeware scenerie even the "high quality" ones like Mister X and ZDP. I also removed every 3rd party library.

Over the next days I'll reinstall the Mister X and ZDP sceneries and the respective libraries to see it the aircrafts still works with them.

If it's OK for you I would like to keep you updated in this thread and if you need any more infos from my side do not hesitate to contact me.

BTW is it possible that the custom navdata caused the problem. It looks like it is the final step to load the aircraft.

I wish you all the best and a happy new year in advance and thanks again for your help 🙂

Edited by The_Driver83

• iniBuilds changed the title to Resolved: Crash due to iniSimulations SASL - Ongoing thread

I had this problem with the A310 for a while, but for some reason it only happened when I started with engines running. After not flying the A310 for about a week, I loaded with engines off and the sim crashed due to SASL. I reinstalled the plane and the sim multiple times but nothing worked. I am not sure what happened, but after another week of not flying in the sim, the problem seemed to resolve itself. I hope it doesn't happen again but I'm pretty sure it will since it has happened to me twice already. 

On 12/23/2021 at 8:53 AM, JarlVarg said:

log.txt says 

Log.txt 96.66 kB · 4 downloads

In my case it was caused by one or more FlyWithLua Scripts. Now I can leave the rest of the plugins activated. Happy now!

I just picked up the A310 last night, flew it for the first time earlier today from KMEM to KGEG, it went perfectly fine. Decided I would load up the sim and do some late night practice flying in the plane and low and behold, it didnt work, it crashed on the loading screen. Following the instructions in this thread, I deleted all of my sceneries and all of my plugins (excluding my X-pilot client for Vatsim flying) and tried a fresh install of the plane. It still didnt work, following activation, the sim will crash in the loading screen. below is my log.txt from after I uninstalled the plugins and scenery. It looked identical even before I uninstalled anything. Any help?

Log.txt

Just wanted to add my name to the SASL crash list.

I can load the aircraft if it's not activated. As soon as I activate and try to load XPlane crashes from an SASL error pointing to the A300. This is also occuring with the A310 for me.

All other aircraft work and only the A300 and A310 by iniBuilds seem to cause any issue.

I have cleared out my scenery and plugins but the error still persists.

I didn't have this issue with the A300 V1 until it started after the installation of the A310.

Any help is greatly appreciated as at the moment I feel rather disappointed in having spent a substantial amount on aircraft I can't seem to load/fly.

A310 Log.txt A300 Log.txt

• Administrators

@Azref, Your logs still note that you have many scenery and plugins installed - are you sure you removed them all prior to checking?

If this is after you reinstated them, I'd propose you install a second copy of X-Plane that's completely vanilla, and then install and activate fresh copies of the two aircraft to test if they then work on that copy of X-Plane.

Cheers.

Max
iniBuilds | Management - Art Director
inibuilds.com

Hi Max.

This is after I reinstalled the plugins and scenery back to what i had previously.

As stated previously removing them made no difference to the SASL crash.

I am happy to try a second XPlane install however don't see how that would be much help as the attached logs detail that it's the SASL causing the crashes.

I'm wondering if it's an SASL conflict or download error with the iniManager at this point as I have already tried removing all plugins and scenery with the crash still occuring.

I also don't understand why the aircraft load without issue prior to activation.

Hi Max.

I seem to have located the issue causing the crash and it has nothing to do with a plugin, LUA script or scenery item.

If i delete my controller profile folder the aircraft will load in both the new install and my original.

The cause seems to be the use of my Thrustmaster Warthog. As long as I don't use it both the A300 and A310 will load without issue. (Thankfully I have a Honeycomb setup for airliners so can swap over)

Could someone look into why the TM Warthog is causing the aircraft to crash on load?