MSFS CTD on loading B-2

andy1252

Haven't used the Spirit for a while. Went to try it out today and unable to load MSFS with Spirit in community folder. Updated via Inimanager but same result. MSFS fully up-to-date.

Any known issues?

Hi Eddie,

thought I had, but just did it again (un/re-install) and it's ok this time. Maybe the uninstall didn't work before or maybe the fact that the PC got shut down overnight and rebooted today made a difference.

OK now, anyway, thanks.

On a related issue - I use the Addons Linker for all my stuff as I have around a thousand different addons for the sim. Your inimanager doesn't like doing updates unless the actual physical folder for the product concerned is in the community folder. It won't process if the product being updated is only in the community folder via a junction/symlink. Can't remember the exact message but it's something along the lines of "out of bounds" which I take to mean a path length issue.

Yours is not the only installer to do this, but it's not the case with everything I have. Quite a few products are happy to update via junction links and all my addons are in the same set of "offline" folders, so there doesn't seem to be an intrinsic path length issue.

Not a biggie, but just curious again in case this is a known and/or resolvable issue.

Meantime, I shall have a day sightseeing in the Spirit!

cheers,

Andy

On 9/7/2024 at 8:54 PM, andy1252 said:

Yours is not the only installer to do this, but it's not the case with everything I have. Quite a few products are happy to update via junction links and all my addons are in the same set of "offline" folders, so there doesn't seem to be an intrinsic path length issue.

Not a biggie, but just curious again in case this is a known and/or resolvable issue.

Hi, the team is aware of this issue and are working on a iniManager V3 with a system for user-definable custom install locations outside of the community folder.

For now though, as you've correctly identified, it is recommended to move the product directly to community folder in order to effect an update, and then you return back to your intended "linker" method. Thanks!

• Like 1

Vrishabh Sehgal @Richboy2307 )
Community Team Member & Tester
IniBuilds Ltd. | inibuilds.com